The Farm Operations Assistant will be responsible for duties to maintain Ingredion Research Farm operations. To include research plot planting, field maintenance, corn pollination/detassling, seed harvest, conditioning, shelling, packeting, and seed inventory management. Assistant supervisory responsibilities for management of seasonal employees.
- Work with the team to assemble field research and maintain nursery and yield plots
- Seed inventory management – database update and seed vault oversight
- Field-ready work ethic, enjoy outdoor work, ability to lift 50lbs, work in wet, hot, or cold conditions
- Computer database fluency – Access, Excel, and network platforms
- Business travel – 10-15% for away location research management, domestic and contra-seasonal production sites
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS or MS in agriculture, horticulture, biology, or plant science
- 3-5 years’ experience in agronomic research
- Attention to detail – identify problems early, good communications, personal responsibility
- CDL, pesticide applicators, or drone pilot licensing a benefit
- Greenhouse, hydroponic, or growth-chamber experience a benefit
- Innovative and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to travel domestically up to 15%
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.