As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The basic purpose of this position is to provide effective leadership in managing site wide maintenance activities.
Basic Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a maintenance related field including proven skills in the leadership of maintenance personnel.
- A strong understanding of HVAC systems, with a Universal EPA license
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and working experience of autoclaves, lyophilizers, WFI stills, clean-in-place skids, HVAC systems, chillers, air handlers, freezers, coolers, cooling towers, and electrical distribution equipment.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Ensure that sound corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance practices are performed in an effort to obtain reliable operation of critical equipment and processes.
- Be able to identify and execute the implementation of agreed upon improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the successful achievement of all pertinent departmental goals, ensuring all internal safety and maintenance related GMP compliance requirements and external regulatory requirements are followed.
- Develop a framework for partnering with all co-workers with focus on the utilities and facilities maintenance group.
- Establish the necessary teamwork required to achieve departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement while giving consideration to developing personnel skills.
- Adopt an analytical approach ensuring that sound maintenance and facility decisions are achieved through good leadership and focused management skills.
- Lead all assigned maintenance personnel and contractors in assuring all requirements of their assignments and responsibility are clearly communicated and understood.
- Foster an attitude of teamwork, compliance, quality, safety and productivity. Take prompt action to remediate employee performance issues while recognizing and rewarding positive results and performance.
- Provide leadership and hands-on action for emergency response to process and facility issues.
- Notify maintenance and production process personnel as directed to assure timely communication and response.
- Identify training needs and provide training opportunities. Provide hands-on on-the-job training to Team Leaders and Mechanics alike.
- Have a forward-thinking mindset, as well as to partner with Engineering or outside resources to improve the reliability and performance of critical equipment.
- Timely review of completed work orders, ensuring appropriate completion and critical documentation components exist. Verify work is following departmental workflows. Ensure safe work practices are followed and detailed ESI’s exist.
- Have the appropriate knowledge of high-pressure plant steam systems, clean steam generation, quality water systems (RO, DI, WFI) and HVAC skills/knowledge.
- A background in a GMP bio or pharma production process environment is highly desirable.
- This position is 1st shift and will require after hours on-call support to be able to respond to emergencies and breakdowns on an as needed basis 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Direct Reports: 1-5; Total Reports: 1-5
- This position interfaces with Production, Engineering, R&D and Administration.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status