Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
We have are looking to hire a External Manufacturing (EM) Operations Leader. The External Manufacturing (EM) Operations Leader is the Corteva employee accountable for production activities occurring at multiple Formulations & Packaging and Active Synthesis suppliers across the region.
This person is the operations focal point for the implementation of Corteva manufacturing strategies at those supplier facilities and is accountable to ensure overall compliance with requirements and manufacturing procedures contained in the Contract Manufacturing Agreement for goods and services provided.
In addition to the Manufacturing responsibilities, the EM Ops Leader will support numerous Site Selection Projects enabling the large pipeline of new products to be produced.
The EM Ops Leader works closely with Corteva Supply Chain, Business Team representatives, R&D, Purchasing, Quality, Regulatory, Legal and other functions supporting external manufacturing activities.
He/she is accountable for setting targets for continuous improvement at supplier sites and monitoring progress in the areas of manufacturing techniques, cost minimization, waste reduction, and quality.
Some travel (10 – 25%) to supplier sites is required to manage new projects, activities and assessments.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Managing Partner Relationships:
- Fills the role of Corteva Ambassador at the contractor sites. Sets manufacturing expectations and manages relationship with supplier site.
- Provides expertise in plant operations, improvement identification, project execution, and EHSQ program implementation
- Represents Manufacturing at Logical Supply Team (LST) meetings for each supplier.
- Facilitates the campaign report and technology review with R&D and EM partners at end of campaign on unit ratio consumption / solvent recovery and document any improvement opportunity.
Supplier Selection and Establishing New Activities:
- Leads or participates in the supplier selection process for new activities.
- Work with the Formulations Expertise Center and Crop Protection R&D to ensure new products and technologies are manufacturing-ready, and to trouble-shoot technical issues that arise.
- Engages with R&D team during the transfer of technology to supplier for new products & processes and ensures implementation of Management of Change (MOC). Participates on and/or leads new product trials.
- Works with EM partners and R&D to document any changes in Process via MOC (Change in Equipment, process conditions, raw materials, etc)
- Participates on M&ISC (Modify & Implement Supply Chain) projects to ensure manufacturing readiness.
- Ensures Confidentiality agreements are in place before exchanging information with any external plant/company. Requests new Confidential Disclosure Agreements as needed.
- Monitors, supports, and improves supplier process performance and asset capability, focusing on product integrity, quality, process safety, costs, yields, schedule, and compliance.
- Supports capacity planning, including identification and prioritization of improvement ideas to track on the Plant Specific Technology Plant (PSTP).
- Leads or facilitates with other local functional leaders for both EBITDA generating improvement projects and new product launch projects.
- Accountable for maintaining the effective implementation of Corteva technology at the EM site. As changes take place, the EM Operations leader shall engage with the R&D team to update any technology packages. The R&D team is responsible for creating and maintaining the technology package on behalf of Corteva.
Oversight and Governance:
- Assure feasibility of production plan at supplier sites. Determines asset capability expectations for planning.
- Accountable for Produce to Plan (PtP) and Meet Production Schedule (MPS) performance at assigned facilities.
- Is accountable for budget targets
- Manages, in coordination with supply chain, inventory discrepancies and coordinates action items to correct
- Supports procurement on contract reviews. After a contract is reviewed, supports the updates SAP to have correct costs for associated products.
- Communicates/Reports goals, milestones, progress and issues to key stakeholders, who include Supply Chain, Manufacturing, R&D, and Commercial.
- Supports the Shelf Life extension process.
- Manages the production components of new Raw Material Qualifications and Packaging. Accountable to complete MOC with needed approvals.
Managing Risk associated with EM Operations:
- Assesses contractors on adherence to Corteva Quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Technology (“EHSQ”) expectations.
- As the Corteva focal point the person filling this role is accountable for resolving quality issues at the supplier sites in partnership with the EM compliance and quality functions
- Leads and/or participates in Root Cause Investigations (RCIs) to ensure valid root causes and appropriate corrective actions are obtained.
- Accountable for completion of corrective actions from EHSQ audits and RCIs completed at supplier site(s).
- Supports Quality activities, such as quality data for export (manual CoA generation, templates updates, etc)
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- This role requires a University degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Supply Chain related field.
- Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain experience is a prerequisite.
- Experience with project management, improvement and manufacturing Work Processes is desirable, as well as high technical competence.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.