Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the largest pure-play Agricultural Solutions company in the world. With a focus on technology and innovative sustainable solutions, Corteva offers farmers the most complete and premium portfolio in the industry of seed, crop protection and plant health products, and digital tools. These solutions are focused on maximizing productivity and reducing risk for the growers and other customers we serve. We bring our global presence, deep knowledge and diverse resources so that farms can flourish, moving our world forward.
At Corteva, we are committed to delighting our customers, investing in innovation, accelerating our performance and execution, and enriching our organization – including continuously bringing the best and brightest talent into our Company and investing in our culture of curiosity, integrity and driving results. We have big challenges to solve for the global food system, and we are looking for energetic people with the desire to help find solutions.
Corteva is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant will provide direct, day-to-day support to the SVP, Chief Strategy Officer (“CSO”) (https://www.corteva.com/who-we-are/our-leadership/brook-cunningham.html) and other selected leaders within her broader team. They will work directly with C-level executives and play an important role within the Strategy Organization (which includes Corteva’s corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, competitive intelligence, project management office (“C-PMO”), change management and sustainability teams). It will also involve engaging with other internal and external stakeholders, importantly including Executive Assistants of senior counterparties at the companies, consultants, partners and other organizations with which the CSO regularly interacts.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for performing a range of administrative duties, coordinating schedules, travel and events and helping prepare important documents and reports for executives. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment where organization, resourcefulness and flexibility are of the utmost importance. The ability to think proactively, manage confidential information, perform well under pressure and adapt to changing daily priorities is critical. Savviness with technology and experience managing collaboration tools are required. Further, a great attitude, strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and external parties are essential.
Key Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Coordinate executive communications to maintain relationships by taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage complicated and ever-changing calendars and meeting/appointment schedules. Independently manage, prioritize and resolve meeting/appointment requests. Determine the urgency and importance of the requests by reviewing and collecting additional information, as necessary. Proactively review forward-looking CSO calendar with the CSO on a weekly basis to ensure schedule is continuously optimized.
- Manage complex and often evolving travel itineraries.
- Manage expense tracking and related reports.
- Arrange events to take place inside and outside of the workplace, such as team meetings, business lunches/customer events and dinners, webinars, etc. Includes, as appropriate, managing the meeting agenda, coordinating the venue/conference room, organizing meeting materials, coordinating tele/web conferencing, and other related functions.
- Document and distribute minutes of meetings and other information, manage follow-up on action items to ensure accomplishment, and maintain shared files.
- Prepare certain internal and external corporate documents and presentations, including conducting research and collecting and analyzing data, as necessary.
- Prepare CSO with the right documents and information prior to meetings.
- Be the team’s go-to navigator in accessing resources in technology helpdesk, HR, facilities, etc. Includes maintaining and updating distribution lists and access to other systems, as needed.
- Support ad hoc project work.
Requirements – What You’ll Bring to the Table!
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to Executive Management, with C-level experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software.
- Positive attitude with a strong learning mindset and flexibility.
- Detail-oriented and able to consistently produce high quality, accurate work while under pressure and strict time constraints.
- High degree of initiative; ability to act proactively and without much supervision, anticipate needs and follow through.
- Resourcefulness around acquiring needed information or knowledge about new or unfamiliar topics/situations.
- Strong work management skills including planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks to effectively meet deadlines and achieve specific results.
- Strong collaboration, organizational and problem-solving skills with exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong judgement and high integrity.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your well-being, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.