Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an opportunity for a Environmental Specialist at our Pittsburg, CA site.
The Environmental Specialist is a key role within the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security (EHS&S) function. They work closely with EHS&S leadership, subject matter experts, and local specialists and technicians to ensure compliance and timely reporting with regards to Federal, State, and Local regulations and permits. The environmental engineer also executes on management systems (work processes, standards, and procedures) to meet environmental goals and maintain the site’s license to operate.
The Environmental Specialist is responsible for Regulatory Agency and internal Environmental, Health, and Safety Data Reporting. This includes collaborating with contacts in the manufacturing plants to collect and verify data as well as compiling the data, preparing, and submitting reports.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Ensure compliance with the site’s federal, state, and local regulations for permits, reporting, performance testing, and permit renewal.
- Maintain awareness of upcoming regulatory changes and how they may impact the site’s compliance.
- Manage reporting for applicable regulations in Air, Waste, and Water media. Including but not limited to MACT standards, AB-2185 Hazardous Materials Business Plan, Global Environmental and Sustainability Tracking, BAAQMD Throughput Report, SARA/TRI reporting, Chemical Weapons Convention, FIFRA, DEA, TSCA CDR, SB-14, ozone depleting substances, fugitive emissions.
- Provide support for announced and unannounced federal, state, and local agency visitors / inspectors.
- Provide support for projects where environmental or sustainability implications may exist.
- Supply data and support for other reports where not the lead such as Air Reasonable Inquiry, Greenhouse Gas, and Biennial Waste reports.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS Degree in environmental engineering or other engineering degree with environmental experience.
- Three years (or more) of environmental and/or regulatory experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Working knowledge Federal, State, and Local regulations related to air, waste, and water media.
- Preference for experience with California state and San Francisco Bay Area local regulations.
- Able to apply Corteva standards and policies in the environmental function.
- Excellent fluency with data, data management, and reporting.
- Intimate familiarity with the Microsoft suite of applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerBI is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience with root cause analysis, management of change, and incident management is preferred.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to prioritize work to facilitate a culture of regulatory compliance on time, every time.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!