Ensure adherence to regulatory, legal and Company internal guidelines in the health and environmental protection domain for the US Vaccine sites located in Winslow ME. Take a synergistic approach to establishing, safeguarding and maintaining good standard in health protection, HSE (health, safety, environmental) management systems, line management support systems, along with local health, safety and environmental legislation and the Corporate HSE Policies and Guidelines for both US Vaccine sites.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Keep track of the legislation and regulations in the health protection domains and monitor and implement internal guidelines accordingly.
- Identify, assess and document health risks to the employees and third parties at work (analysis of work areas) and recommend the necessary technical, organizational and personal protective measures.
- Act as the primary HSE contact between the sites and any HSE regulators.
- Coordinate or introduce necessary HSE measurements in the work areas.
- Monitor the implementation of the protective measures necessary on the basis of the work area analyses.
- Define HSE training requirements according to grades and health risks
- Ensures the information flow to the Company medical services and the line functions.
- Collect necessary data/information in the health protection domain and report to Corporate.
- Ensure that informed and effective control of health and safety is achieved through high profile leadership and co-operative effort at all levels.
- Ensure that the exposure of staff to chemical, biological, radiological and other potentially harmful substances is properly monitored and effectively controlled.
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the sites activities is minimized and complies with legislative requirements and Company values.
- Provide leadership and budgetary planning and control for the activities of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection Department.
- Represents HSE on site leadership team – making business decisions in collaboration with leaders of other functions, including annual business planning.
- Assist Network, on request, with special expertise (training, risk analysis, environmental impact assessments, acquisitions and divestitures, legislation, compliance auditing, etc.).
- Do all of the above in a synergistic fashion to create common language, approach and process at both US Vaccine sites to achieve an injury free, incident free, and compliant workplace.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Homeland Security regulations, maintaining site Security, and coordinating Security efforts with the corporate office, when needed.
- Direction to business regarding current and future HSE requirements.
- Strong cross functional partnership and communication with QA/QC, TS/MS, Engineering, Financial, Regulatory, Operations, and site leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety & Health, scientific degree (Microbiology, Biology), business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health and safety covering a manufacturing and/or research laboratories environment.
- Previous leadership experience directing other health and safety professionals.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation
- Experience in transformational change through a proactive Behavioral Based Safety culture approach.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Ability to travel when needed (less than 10%)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status