About the role….
Inari is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager that would be focused on growing the occupational health and safety of the labs, offices and farm. This role will manage programs to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment while minimizing the impact upon the environment. This newly-created position will develop and champion a facility-wide safety culture through technical support, development of policies and procedures, reporting and tracking incidents and trends by type. This individual will also be responsible for overall program development and implementation with a goal of zero injuries and outstanding performance.
You will implement environmental programs and maintain documentation to complete all environmental reporting promptly and ensure ongoing environmental compliance. Additionally, you will plan programs to train managers and employees in all areas of work site safety and environmental practices. You will promote workplace safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainability stewardship by working with all departments to analyze current situations and recommend improvements. This job is located in West Lafayette, Indiana and will oversee safety activities across our West Lafayette locations and our Cambridge, MA office while coordinating with our lead in Ghent, Belgium offices.
As Environmental Health and Safety Manager, you will…
- Manage all aspects of Inari’s U.S. environmental, health, safety and sustainable development programs
- Direct environmental compliance and performance functions following government regulations, corporate compliance guidelines and applicable environmental requirements
- Ensure submittal of all environmental reports
- Promote an accident-free work environment by developing programs that train, monitor, and essure a safe workplace
- Identify vendors and/or develop programs to train managers and employees in workplace safety practices
- Develop incident reporting by type and location to identify trends and opportunities for improvement of practices
- Lead accident investigation along with support from others and prepare accident reports required by regulatory agencies
- Conduct inspections and audits in all facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventive measures
- Create and organize the Central Safety Committee process by active participation in the subcommittee process and being a resource for each group
- Administer an incident reporting system including workers compensation incidents
- Guide and direct company toward compliance of State, Federal and local Safety and Environmental regulations
- Identify and implement necessary compliance training for all individuals to assure OSHA, EPA and DOT training requirements
- Lead the coordination of health and safety practices across all Inari locations including those in Cambridge, MA and Ghent, Belgium
- Interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
- Create regulatory reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Environmental Health or Environmental Health and Safety
- Minimum of five years industrial safety experience and a CSP certification
- Experience with OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations
- Ability to travel, as needed, to other Inari locations
- Experience performing risk assessments
- The ability to determine problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave