Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Reporting to the site Director of HSE, this position supports the site’s Health, Safety, and Environmental programs across all functions including operations, R&D, Quality, and Maintenance to ensure site compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations. Areas of emphasis include: environmental compliance, biosafety, industrial hygiene, and change management.
- Manages site environmental compliance
- Supports site biosafety programs, including leading teams and program development.
- Develops, implements, and maintains HSE Standards and Procedures in all aspects of HSE to ensure site compliance with applicable regulatory and business requirements.
- Drives site incident investigation program by working with key stakeholders to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Performs audits and inspections to measure effectiveness of HSE programs and implements corrective actions and program changes, as needed.
- Helps drive a safety culture that aligns with Elanco’s Code of Ethics and is focused on proactive safety and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental science, engineering, or other applicable discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a position with HSE responsibilities in a manufacturing or laboratory setting with experience leading environmental compliance programs
- Experience leading teams (either formally or informally)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Degree, certificate, or relevant work experience in environmental compliance and/or Biosafety
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Background or working knowledge in biology, microbiology, epidemiology, or biosafety.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status