As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
- A Purposeful Career – bringing together people working to enrich life everyday through food and companionship.
- A Balance of Work and Life – creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work.
- An Opportunity for Growth – providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
- A Diverse Culture – committed to uniting individuals across cultures and developing a comfortable, connected environment that values diverse thought.
We’re looking for:
- Highly motivated and driven leaders
- Individuals with integrity, excellences, and respect for people
- Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life
You will get the opportunity to work with highly capable leaders and mentors who have developed the ability to provide valuable coaching and feedback.
Engineers at Elanco Manufacturing are responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining manufacturing, utility, and automation systems in compliance with US and global regulations
- Searching for and implementing continuous improvements
- Managing capital projects (including design, construction, and start-up)
- Designing and developing drug delivery systems
- Designing and developing drug manufacturing processes (including scale-up and commercialization)
- Designing and developing waste reduction and energy minimization processes
The Co-Op positions are temporary seasonal positions and will be full time work for 14-16 weeks. The student will be required to be at the facility for 40 hours per week, and Elanco will provide subsidized housing support if needed.
Each Engineering Co-Op will be assigned projects affording the opportunity to actively contribute to the manufacturing organization and build a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the role Engineers play at creating solutions for Elanco.
Co-Op’s will interact with other engineering and manufacturing professionals, including Elanco senior management. Professional development and social events will be held throughout the duration of each term. At the conclusion of the work period, each Co-Op will present their project highlights, findings, and general Co-Op accomplishments to engineering and manufacturing professionals.
Key Objectives and Deliverables:
- Provide a practical real-life solution to manufacturing business technical projects
- Work individually and with a supervisor to determine and achieve project goals
- Document and present project accomplishments and progress
- Currently attending school and have completed at least freshman year in a BS engineering program in at least one of the following disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, and/or Electrical Engineering
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. This includes CPT/OPT program for students.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Analysis/problem assessment skills, communications (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills.
- Previous internship or Co-Op experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Co-Op location: Clinton Labs, Clinton, Indiana
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status