Bunge has a unique opportunity for individuals to join the Bunge Operations team as an Engineering Operations Trainee and participate in a comprehensive training program designed to give an understanding of the operations and processes of Bunge’s crushing and refining facilities. Over an 18-month time frame, successful candidates will develop skills and knowledge of Bunge’s Oilseed facilities.
Upon successful completion of the program, Engineering Operations Trainees will be placed into a full-time position (Crush Supervisor, Refined Oil Supervisor, Process Engineer, Maintenance Manager, etc.) that complements both the needs of the company and the employee’s strengths. Willingness to relocate for future growth opportunities and/or business demands is required.
- Train, develop and lead the Bunge safety culture by learning, understanding and demonstrating safe work habits.
- Trainees will participate fully in the day-to-day physical operation of a Bunge facility to understand fundamental operations and processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of operational processes.
- Trainees will, from time to time, demonstrate their level of understanding by responding to verbal or written inquiries from supervisors, mentors, or the program manager.
- Trainees may for a period of time be required to travel to other Bunge locations for instructional purposes.
- Assist location and corporate staff in evaluating changing operational conditions and will communicate findings to appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
- Assist the facility in prioritizing and optimizing ‘Key Performance Indicators” KPI’s.
- Assist plant management with projects, drawing reviews, equipment specifications, operational narrative preparations, employee training, commissioning a start-up.
- Support Regional Continuous improvement efforts
- Assist with review of production data routinely to ensure accuracy and to analyze for continuous improvements throughout the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Agricultural, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil etc.)
- 0+ years of experience
- Demonstrate and promote safety
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and change.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized, goal oriented and self-directed
- Demonstrates mechanical and analytical aptitude with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in standard PC applications
- Collaborative team player
- Willingness to relocate for future growth opportunities is required
- Occasional travel required
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled