Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco has an exciting opportunity for a site Director of Engineering at our Winslow, Maine vaccine manufacturing facility. As the leader of the Engineering function, your responsibilities will include:
- Coach, mentor, and develop the engineering professionals on the team, which include:
- Capital planning/execution
- Equipment reliability
- Process improvement
- Front-line engineers
- Design and implement the engineering/facility strategy
- Partner with the 3rd party maintenance team supporting the site
- As a member of the site lead team, build and execute the site’s vision
Elanco is the second largest animal health company in the World. We have a large footprint in the United States, manufacturing implants, dry products, vaccines, parenteral, and biotech products for companion animals and the agricultural industry. This role will have significant visibility within the organization, allowing you to grow your career.
This role is posted for our vaccine site in Winslow, Maine. Our approximately 130 professionals manufacture and distribute poultry vaccines utilizing egg based, tissue culture, and fermentation technologies; formulate/fill utilizing liquid filling and lyophilization; label/pack/and ship; and host the company’s only autogenous vaccine manufacturing operation. This gives the incumbent the opportunity to own the Engineering function for an operation across the entire vaccine manufacturing value chain.
We are located in mid-coast Maine—also known as “Vacationland”. Situated approximately one hour from the ocean, one hour from the mountains, 20 minutes from the state’s capital, and 3 hours from Boston. Come work with us and live in an outdoors-person’s paradise—but not too far from civilization.
If you have:
- At least 5 years of direct leadership of a manufacturing engineering team
- At least 5 years of experience in GMP, animal pharmaceutical, or biotech manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field
- Continuous improvement/agile mindset
Apply to this role and become a member of the Elanco family.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing is required
- Situations may arise where off-schedule work, both on-site and off-site, may be required
- This position requires less than 10% travel on an annual basis
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status