Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco Engineering Associate
Who We Are:
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 9,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are located in Greenfield, Indiana.
- Currently attending school and will be graduating in a BS/MS Engineering program by August 2022 in at least one of the following disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, and /or Electrical Engineering.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this employment position.
Engineers at Elanco are responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining manufacturing, utility and automation systems in compliance with US and global regulations
- Searching for and implementing continuous improvements
- Managing capital projects (including design, construction and start-up)
- Designing and developing drug manufacturing processes (including scale-up and commercialization)
- Designing and developing waste reduction and energy minimization processes
The positions are entry level engineering positions in our manufacturing and development organizations. Each engineer will actively contribute to the organization, by building or solving complex opportunities that we face in the pharmaceutical industry. Engineers play a critical role by creating solutions for Elanco Manufacturing.
Position titles include but are not limited to Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Development Engineer, Automation and/or Control Engineer, and are available in manufacturing and development areas supporting:
- Bulk Processing- Animal Health Products
- Facilities/Utilities Engineering
- Process Development
At Elanco, the involvement of a plant engineer makes a significant difference in the quality and efficiency of our facilities. The scope of involvement may include utility systems such as water, power, heating and cooling, air filtration, and building or room structures. A plant engineer supports facilities such as manufacturing sites, development laboratories or pilot plants, and administrative offices. The responsibilities of a plant engineer include: project administration for capital improvements, facility maintenance and reliability, and utility support. Additionally, a plant engineer collaborates with multidisciplinary projects teams consisting of process engineers, skilled craftspeople, utility operators, contractors, design firms, and equipment suppliers
A project engineer at Elanco is integral for maintaining and improving our facilities. A project engineer leads capital projects from initial concept to implementation. Project engineers interact with customers to develop the project scope, plan implementation and equipment installation. The project engineer is also responsible for the project’s budget, timeline, and objectives.
The contributions of a process engineer enable Elanco to continually improve the means by which we manufacture our products. A process engineer would be responsible for a specific aspect of the manufacturing process, monitoring and assessing its performance and capacity. Process Engineers interact with maintenance personnel, operations personnel, technical service representatives, quality control representatives, and plant engineers to analyze issues, improve processes and control systems, renovate existing equipment, and qualify new equipment. In addition, a process engineer contributes to safety, quality, and environmental initiatives to achieve Elanco’s high standards of compliance and ethics.
Automation Engineers create and refine essential systems for Elanco’s manufacturing operations by designing, implementing, and maintaining automation systems for chemical, biological, and pharmaceutical processes. Automation engineers support all aspects of instrumentation, process control applications and information management including layout, configurations, validation, and documentation. These engineers work with a range of field devices including analog measurements, analytical instrumentation, digital devices, network busses, and control valves. They also replicate best practices in batch control, modeling, and simulation to optimize existing processes and ensure quality and reliability of operations. They work closely with Information Technology professionals to develop information integration from the plant floor control systems to the financial enterprise resource planning systems.
- Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
- Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected sta
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status