Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Position Brand Description:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for established processes of dry blend, wet granulation, tray drying compression, extrusion, and packaging processes. The Technical Services/Manufacturing Science (TS/MS) Scientist working in process variability improvement, process monitoring, process validation, manufacturing ticket maintenance and overall technical support for processes. This individual will also be responsible for the support of Operation, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and TS/MS projects in the Animal Health Manufacturing organization at Elanco Kansas City. They will use their expertise in experimental design and data analysis to optimize manufacturing and analytical processes in collaboration with scientists, engineers, maintenance, and operators. The TS/MS Scientist works within the framework of processes in regulatory compliance, capable, in statistical control and continuously improving and will function as a technical resource in manufacturing areas. The TS/MS Scientist will act as a business partner with manufacturing and will work closely with technical associates to establish and maintain best practices
Maintain clear and well understood manufacturing instructions Maintain an accurate bill of materials for each process Maintain a Process Flow Document (PFD) and current validation for each process Provide technical content for training on process related instructions Use change control and reports to document changes and improvements Participate in the generation and analysis of laboratory data in order to identify and test improvement opportunities Evaluate and implement plant trials for possible incorporation into standard practices Issue technical summaries and author detailed technical reports to document special events/experiments Support all safety and environmental policies/procedures, including coaching and feedback Process Improvement – Strong process team focus to drive continuous improvement. Actively participate in safety vigilance and safety improvement programs.
- Minimum of 2 yr industrial manufacturing experience
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability
- Scientific data collection and documentation skills
- Efficient approach to trouble shooting/problem solving
- Must be able to wear required PPE and be able to comply and follow all gowning requirements (e.g. gloves, safety glasses, wear uniform, disposable gowning, steel-toed shoes, dust mask and full loose fitting PAPR hoods; must obtain fit testing and medical clearance for mask and hood)
- prefer have oral dosage – tablet experience
- prefer have wet granulation, tray drying, blending and compression experience
- prefer have polymer extrusion process or liquid process experience
- prefer have technical document writing experience, mind for continuous improvement
- Strong mechanical and computer skills helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with solid dosage processes
- Willingness to assist others outside areas of assigned task.
- Willingness to learn
- Understanding of cGMPs and FDA regulations
- Quality conscious
- Good work ethic
- Technical growth and application
- Self-management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Some statistical training, knowledge of statistical methods and applicable software (i.e.JMP)
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Sound engineering understanding of the process
- Customer focus
- Innovation and creativity
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or scientific field such as Biology, Chemistry.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- This position reports to the TS/MS Manager
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status