Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This Position has the responsibility of Implementing the capital plan small and large scale expansion/ upgrade projects in line with the strategic plan of the company. These projects will include the design, purchase and installation of process equipment. and improvement of processes. Utility upgrades and improvements. Minor facility upgrades and improvements.
1). Provide Engineering support in development of specifications, (URS, functional specification, detail design) for overall project.
Work with end-users and stakeholders to develop a successful URS to facilitate the project.
2). Work with vendors and stake holders on design, installation, commissioning, factory acceptance test, startup, and validation of equipment and facility. Design, planning, document review; ensure right first time, successful startup of an equipment or facility.
3). Directs the planning, design, construction, inspection and commissioning of capital projects.. Meeting project time lines for turnover to operations, and ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
4). Oversee contractor personnel, ensuring projects are completed within the desired timelines, meeting Engineering, Quality and financial requirements.
5). Oversee contractors, addressing scheduling, performance and personnel issues.
6). Coordinate project activities; communicate project progress with end-users, departments, engineering leadership, corporate management. Ensure satisfaction of affected departments and management upon completion of projects. On time communication with end-users and Management. Meeting project timelines to satisfy production demand.
7). Manage relationship with consulting firms, contractors and vendors used on projects.
Comply with company quality, finance, safety and insurance policies and requirements.
8). Review proposals, documents to verify adherence to project scope and technical expectations.
Projects are completed with the budget funding.
9). Review contracts, Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC and Equipment drawings for conformance to design specification. Provide information needed for appropriation request.
Reduce change order request.
10). Communicate with management to ensure compliance with local, state, Federal and international codes and regulations. Communicate any issues with Environmental Health and safety department and Management to ensure safety of company personal and contractors. Projects comply with Quality, Regulatory and EHS requirements
11). Support development of capital budget for equipment and facility upgrades and modifications.
Provide input into the capital plan with regards to site needs.
- Planning organization, coordinating and developing projects and budgets.
- Obtaining bids, coordinating construction projects for facilities and/or equipment.
- Gain on the job training with concentration units, CIP systems, Stainless Steel piping & welding, Freeze Dryers, autoclaves, etc. and other process engineering systems.
- Abreast of new developments in Engineering fields that pertain to facilities, utilities, equipment and various other operations throughout the plant. Scheduling capital activities to meet production needs.
- Coordinating construction activities to minimize impact on production. Effective interpersonal skills with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Proficiency in relevant computer software and programs, AutoCAD associated with Engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to customer service Communicate verbally and in writing effectively with all levels of corporate and local management and employees.
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize, and coordinate project activities as activities impact strategic and operation strategies.
- Ability to visualize a finished product.
- Ability to understand and work within a regulated environment to lower market risk.
- Education and experience in Mechanical, structural, electrical, computer, drawing, and safety aptitude.
- Understanding and practice basic financial & accounting methods and procedures.
- Ability to understand, evaluate, and implement validation strategies in tandem with project activities. Conceptual, analytical thinking.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from accredited Engineering school.
- At least one year previous experience in the Process Engineering environment.
- Mechanical aptitude
- High learning agility
Other Information: This position will routinely interface with the following Cross Functional Departments: Production, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Finance, Quality Control, Operations Planning, Logistics, Global and Local IS, Regulatory Affairs, and Validation.
Find multiple options to meet Business needs to meet the available capital funds.
Analyze financial and/or scientific data to make rational decisions.
Failure to execute will impact the OPU as a business, opportunities will be .
KEY COMPENTENCIES REQUIRED:
Business and Technical Competence
Coaching and Developing Others
Planning and Organization
Conceptual, Analytical Thinking.
Light Work (Level 2) – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
Reaching (extended hands/arm)
Reach across Midline
Handling (hold, grasp, seize, turn)
Feeling (perceive attributes of objects)
Crouching/Squatting (bend legs/spine)
Stooping (bend at waist)
In/Out of Machine
Simple Grasp (grasp lightly)
Firm Grasp (use pressure/force)
Pushing/Pulling (force exerted)
Change of Position
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status