SUMMARY: This position will support the CFO and Division Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department for the Energy Division of Co-Alliance Cooperative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Primary responsibility for the month end and year end closing for assigned division(s), including reconciliations, journal entries, financial and managerial reporting, and additional sales and operational analysis for the division, departments, and consolidation.
- Assist in the annual financial audit and preparation of schedules and reconciliations.
- Work closely with the Division, Region, and Branch Managers on inventories, management reporting, and analysis for the division.
- Make recommendations to and support Division Admins and Managers, bringing about streamlined and automated management reporting, analysis, and processes unique to the division.
- Build relationships with division management to better integrate with the division operations and understand their financial and information needs.
- Prepare monthly reporting and filings for insurance and government purposes for assigned entities, including tax filings with state and federal entities.
- Reconciliation of assigned Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist Division Manager with the completion and consolidation of the annual capital and operating budgets.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Proactively seek ways to improve Co-Alliance accounting and finance processes, procedures, and policies.
- Support and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of Co-Alliance Cooperative.
- Perform such other projects or accounting responsibilities as assigned by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with CPA license or ability to obtain a CPA license – required.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data, with experience dealing with inventories, sales, and other business taxes, closing books and completing month end workflow.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets, MS Office Suite, and other financial software packages. Workday Adaptive, SSI Agvance, Sage FAS, Tableau, and Blackline experience are all helpful.
- Accounting experience in agriculture or energy business sectors a huge plus, but not required
- Must have excellent work habits, including willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, meet deadlines, work independently, and work collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong, concise written and oral communication skills necessary to interact with senior level leaders of the organization and administrative/clerical staff.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Co-Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including, but not limited to the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Pension, Life insurance, Paid Time Off, Vacation and much more.