At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Does bringing some of the largest transformational changes to clinical research in two decades excite you? Does working in a collaborative team gaining direct experience delivering solutions for patients who are waiting on our medical advancements sound interesting? On the Clinical Design Medicines Development (MD) IDS team, we work as one team partnering with Medicines Development and the Clinical Design Hub delivering cost-effective science through the development of novel and innovative clinical trial designs and technology solutions. Our business outcomes are focused on speeding drug development and providing the best experience for providers and patients.
Purpose & Responsibilities:
As the emerging technology product lead and scrum master you will work with outstanding and passionate leaders across Clinical Design, Operations, Results, and Development to implement a strategy for highly creative and bold efforts. As the role of clinical technology evolves to now include remote activity management, investigational software, digital endpoints and novel measurement tools, you will coordinate lots of fast evolving, moving parts and help integrate them back into the overall vision to ensure we are focused on the outcomes most important to our patients and providers. You will partner across our teams to develop business case proposals and progress those proposals through planning, building, implementation, and value realization. You will work alongside Quality and Regulatory to identify and mitigate risks as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in clinical development to bring our innovations to patients. A successful candidate for the role will have a strong technical curiosity for crafting delightful patient and site experiences in the clinical research setting with our next-generation of medicines. Initial assignments include defining and driving Connected Clinical Trial prioritized portfolio items to defined business and patient outcomes.
Implementing Strategy & Drive Commitments (35%)
- Help drive the execution of our Connected and Decentralized portfolio and ensure that the scope of efforts within the portfolio align with intended business and patient outcomes.
- Work with business architecture, product manager, and IDS teams to build, implement, and drive strategy related to Connected and Decentralized R&D.
- Provide the hands-on technical depth/expertise required to help leadership understand our commitments in the context of what is required from a delivery perspective.
Agile Portfolio and Product Delivery (35%)
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad functional areas and multiple scrum teams.
- Run Agile product deliveries that involve large, multi-functional teams. Multi-task and provide servant leadership for scrum teams to delivery prioritized work items.
- Ensure Agile product development activities align with technical specifications, and that teams rely on data to create the best research and development concepts and products.
- Lead multi-functional software development projects to achieve team goals, including planning, dependency mapping, product road-mapping, and technical problem solving.
External Innovation and Influence (15%)
- Collaborate with external organizations (e.g. Digital Medicine Society, external digital sensing companies) to bring industry-standard methodology back into the Lilly and forge new business developments to accelerate technical innovation.
- Drive awareness of investigational device standards in the Clinical business unit.
- Better integrate clinical standards, device standards, and technical standards across our quality management systems.
Personal Development & Personal Projects (15%)
- You will have the opportunity to invest 15% of your time in personal development and/or a personal project of your choice (e.g. Clinical Development Special Project, Clinical Design Special Project, Usability Research, Limiting Bias for Wearable Devices Research)
- BA/BS degree in a technical field
- 3+ years of technical program management experience.
- ScrumMaster Certification or ability to achieve CSM within 6 months
- Consistent track-record of effective technical project management skills: project planning, status reporting, timeline estimation, issue management, meeting facilitation, process documentation, and priorities alignment
- Business case development experience including Net Present Value (NPV) analysis and justification
- Prior experience with Request for Proposals and vendor evaluations
- Ability to identify high value tasks and work independently
- Great teammate and creative problem solver with strong communication abilities
- Experience with tools such as Jira, MS Project, or HP ALM
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation interest
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change
- Experience with medicine device development standards e.g. ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR 820.
- Experience working with products incorporating hardware, firmware and software.
- Ability to contribute to technical discussions, especially in the systems architecture and validation domains, and exercise technical and product judgment to independently resolve project issues
- Experience developing and delivering highly sophisticated patient technology.
- The position is located at Lilly Corporate Center in Indianapolis, IN
- Primary work shift is 8 hours/day with flex time available around core hours.
- Travel may be required periodically
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).