Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Electrical Engineer position based in Midland, MI.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing capital project deliverables, technology application, and driving excellence and efficiency within their expertise through implementation of appropriate engineering tools, technologies, and work processes, typically as part of a project team. They are also responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges, and developing engineering solutions to support our manufacturing plant sites, contracting sites, and R&D activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Responsible for FEL deliverables required to supply a quality process design package to the production design team.
• Acts as a representative of the business overseeing EPC’s in ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases, including physical progress and engineering hours reporting.
• Developing layouts and conducting reviews to consider constructability, operability and maintainability of the facility.
• Interface with and participate on teams with manufacturing personnel, maintenance personnel, other engineering design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed.
• Perform field verification, field measurements, field engineering, and construction support. Provide electrical system commissioning and start-up support as required.
• Creation of cost estimates; project cost control; and creation of design schedules and reconciliation with other disciplines.
• Author of scopes of work and equipment specifications.
• Design leader for multiple designers and engineers.
• All aspects of design including but not limited to:
– Application of Codes, Standards, and Regulations
– Area Classification
– Single Line Diagrams
– Cable routing
– CAD drawing creation and checking
– Electrical System Studies
– Utility interface where applicable
• Perform and/or review all Short Circuit, Load Flow, and other Power System Studies to ensure appropriate equipment ratings and power system performance.
• Perform and/or review Protective Relay Coordination Studies.
• Develop and/or review motor control and motor restart strategy.
• Work with the Project Team to develop and document the Electrical Area Classification details and drawings.
• Participation in vendor acceptance tests and site commissioning efforts.
Key Interactions with Other Roles:
• Run-Plant Engineers, Improvement Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and operations personnel to ensure safe and reliable facilities
• Other Leveraged Engineering SMEs to collaborate on technical issues that require multi-discipline problem solutions
• Engineering Leaders, Capital/Improvement Project Team Leaders – project planning, technology selection, equipment design, specification and selection
• Sourcing & Logistics – vendor assessment and qualification
• Vendors and contractors to ensure quality, efficiency
• Molecule Technology Leaders – identify improvement opportunities and support early front-end loading planning and technology selection
• External technology organizations and Industrial Standard Committees to stay current on the latest in technology, safety, and project processes, and to bring in new technology and to influence standard direction and contents for company’s benefits
• External Resources – to work with outside specialized experts on technical issues and to review their analysis reports to ensure integrity of the equipment purchased or operated at our manufacturing plants
• Engineering Contractors (EPCs) – managing expectations and deliverables
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering; equivalent experience may also be considered.
• 5-10 years of experience in the Chemical Process or related industries with the working knowledge of electrical equipment as well as their failure analysis and repair procedures.
• Knowledge of related plant operational practices such as Process Safety Management and Mechanical Integrity / Quality Assurance.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to plan, prioritize, and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independent of supervision.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to evaluate existing electrical equipment and utilize engineering design processes to improve their safety and reliability needs.
• Trained in use of power system software such as etap or SKM.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.