Who We Are:
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are located in Greenfield, Indiana.
- A Purposeful Career—bringing together people working to enrich life everyday through food and companionship.
- A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
- A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
We’re looking for:
- Highly motivated and driven leaders
- Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people
- Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life
- Currently attending school and will be graduating in a BS or MS scientific discipline program in at least one of the following: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or Biological Engineering
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States via a J-1 visa. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for full-time employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) beyond this employment position
The Elanco Manufacturing internship program is best in class. It provides science students the unique opportunity to work in the manufacturing areas of a Fortune 100 multinational company. Our internship program helps us identify future leaders as well as provides a transparent experience for interns to experience our culture and see the variety of career paths available at Elanco.
In summary, it is the total overall experience. The people, the projects, the mentoring, and the activities, provide a wonderful landscape of learning and platform for strengthening your skills.
One will have the opportunity to work with highly capable leaders and mentors who have developed the ability to provide valuable coaching and feedback.
Scientists at Elanco are responsible for:
- Ensuring reliability of our manufacturing processes and systems
- Searching for and implementing continuous improvements
- Maintaining our facilities and processes in a state of compliance with US and global regulations
- Designing and developing drug delivery systems
The positions are temporary summer internship positions that last for 12 CONTINUOUS weeks beginning in May or June 2021. Each science intern will be assigned a project affording the opportunity to actively contribute to the Tech Services Manufacturing Sciences (TSMS) or Quality organizations, building a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the role scientists play in creating solutions for Elanco.
Interns will interact with other engineering, manufacturing, and science professionals, including Elanco senior management. Professional development and social events will be held throughout the summer. At the conclusion of the work period, each intern will present his/her project highlights, findings and general internship accomplishments to science and manufacturing professionals.
Project opportunities are available in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Bulk Processing- Animal Health Products
- Facilities/Utilities Engineering
- Process Development
- Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business technical project
- Understand the scientific principles required for manufacturing animal vaccines, including the interaction with equipment
- Provide technical support to non-routine (e.g. deviation) investigations
- Be capable of preparing relevant technical documents, such as reports, change controls, regulatory submissions, deviations, protocols, etc.
- Utilize the principles of Good Laboratory Practices/Good Manufacturing Practices and principles to analyze process intermediates, active pharma ingredients, and drug product in a Quality Control Lab (QCL) using analytical techniques such as: wet chemistry, HPLC, ICP, AA, titration, and/or microbiological assays
- Actively run a technical improvement agenda within area of responsibility to drive process improvement
- Monitor and appropriately react to established statistically based metrics in real-time to assess process variability and capability
- Work within cross-functional teams in a positive fashion to implement TSMS or Quality objectives and deliver on business plan and quality objectives
- Work individually and with a supervisor to determine and achieve project goals driving process productivity through the implementation and execution of the project
- Document and present project accomplishments and progress
- Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
- Previous internship experience within the animal health industry
- All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their performance over the course of their summer internship.
- Elanco arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, team lunches, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Elanco.
- If the intern’s job position requires a move from another location, Elanco will provide subsidized housing
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.