As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Elanco Engineering – Intern
Who We Are:
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are located in Greenfield, IN.
- A Purposeful Career—bringing together people working to enrich life everyday through food and companionship.
- A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
- A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
We’re looking for:
- Highly motivated and driven leaders
- Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people
- Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life
The Elanco Manufacturing internship program is best in class. Our internship program helps us identify future leaders as well as provides a transparent experience for interns to experience our culture and see the variety of career paths available at Elanco.
In summary, it is the total overall experience. The people, the projects, the mentoring and the activities, provide a wonderful landscape of learning and platform for strengthening your skills.
You will get the opportunity to work with highly capable leaders and mentors who have developed the ability to provide valuable coaching and feedback.
Engineers at Elanco Manufacturing are responsible for:
- operating and maintaining manufacturing, utility and automation systems in compliance with US and global regulations
- searching for and implementing continuous improvements
- managing capital projects (including design, construction and start-up)
- designing and developing drug delivery systems
- designing and developing drug manufacturing processes (including scale-up and commercialization)
- designing and developing waste reduction and energy minimization processes
The internship positions are temporary summer positions that last for 12 CONTINUOUS weeks beginning in June 2023. Each engineering intern will be assigned a project affording the opportunity to actively contribute to the manufacturing organization, build a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the role Engineers play at creating solutions for Elanco. Interns will interact with other engineering and manufacturing professionals, including Elanco senior management. Professional development and social events will be held throughout the summer. At the conclusion of the work period, each intern will present their project highlights, findings and general internship accomplishments to engineering and manufacturing professionals.
- Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business technical project
- Work individually and with a supervisor to determine and achieve project goals
- Document and present project accomplishments and progress
- Currently attending school and have completed sophomore or junior year in a BS/MS Engineering or program in at least one of the following disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this employment position.
- Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
- Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their performance over the course of their summer internship.
- Elanco arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, team lunches, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Elanco.
- If the intern’s job position requires a move from another location, Elanco will provide subsidized housing.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status