- Interns will be responsible for a specific project to be completed within the 12 week timeframe
- Expected to network within the organization, manage your time effectively, have a strong organizational skills and demonstrate leadership capabilities
- All interns are required to present their projects to a large group at the end of the 12 week period
City: Various Locations around the US
State / Province: Various Locations around the US
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are located in Greenfield, Indiana.
- A Purposeful Career—bringing together people working to enrich life everyday through food and companionship.
- A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
- A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
We’re looking for:
- Highly motivated and driven leaders
- Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people
- Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life
- Basic Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in undergrad studies in Animal Science or agriculture or food fields, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Business, I.T. (or related science/engineering studies)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the US. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status for this employment position)
- Have an interest in industrial veterinary medicine
- Experience with farm/pet health animal health and/or veterinary clinics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent phone, speaking and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work exceptionally well independently and with minimal supervision
- Proven to be self-motivated, with demonstrated high level of responsibility and professionalism
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to think strategically
- Additional Information
- All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their performance over the course of their summer internship.
- Elanco arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, team lunches, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Elanco.
- Interns will receive a competitive salary and free parking at their work site.
- If the intern’s job position requires a move from another location, Elanco will provide subsidized housing
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.