As the EHS Specicialist, you will support all aspects of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) compliance for the facility, provide leadership to plant team members to ensure operations are in compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations including permits and corporate policies. You will work closely with all other plant functions to address Management of Change issues on all plant related projects to ensure that impacts on EHS are minimized. You will report to the EHS Manager, and work at our Indianapolis Bakery plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the EHS Specialist, you will perform the following job duties.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local environmental regulations and ConAgra corporate environmental policies.
- Ensure timely reporting, classification, and investigation of EHS incident or near miss events.
- Drive EHS Audit program to examine compliance with regulations and corporate standards and other related commitments. Track closure of corrective and improvement actions taken in response to audit findings.
- Develop and publish key metrics and reports (weekly, monthly, annual).
- Develop and implement training to ensure education of all plant team members on appropriate EHS issues.
- Lead and manage all activities for site Environmental, Health & Safety Committee.
- Document and maintain required training records per organizational and corporate guidelines.
- Serve on the facility emergency response team to oversee EHS activities.
- Participate in CPS activities for the EHS pillar.
- Manages the contracted groups from an EHS aspect.
- In case of an absence of the EHS Manager, it is the responsibility of the EHS Safety Specialist to make sure your tasks are covered.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender’s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke’s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.