Internship Dates: May through August, start and finish dates are negotiable.
General Description: Education interns report to the Director of Education. The Education Internship is an interdisciplinary internship with a focus on the research and implementation of education programming which will take place before and during the 2024 Indiana State Fair.
- Implement the educational programs which will take place throughout the Indiana State Fair.
- Create lesson plans that utilize and deliver Indiana Academic Standards.
- Project and display development for the Indiana State Fair deliverables.
- Lead seasonal employees to successfully deliver education to fair visitors.
- Understand the objectives and delivery plan of educational content and components of the Wonder Trail, Little Hands on the Farm, Greenhouse, Normandy Barn, Animal Town, and Indiana State Fieldtrips.
- Applicants should have completed at least one year of college
- Must be able to work long hours during the fair
- Have good communication and writing skills
- Experience working with children or family education programming
- Academic background in education, agriculture, or science
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work outside in the summer heat