Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for the technical support of the operations area he/she is assigned to with respect to the process, the equipment, troubleshooting, delivering capital improvements, data analysis, and regulatory compliance. The process engineer will play a key role in continuous improvement and increasing reliability.
What You Will Do:
- The primary focus for this position will be providing technical support and engineering solutions to process and equipment related issues.
- Shared responsibility for regulatory compliance:
- Knowledgeable about the hazards of manufacturing processes. Aware of and supports safety/environmental policies/procedures.
- Ensure changes to the process/equipment are documented through the change management system.
- Provide daily support to the operations team regarding equipment and process troubleshooting.
- Be knowledgeable enough on the computer support systems to provide assistance in troubleshooting the process, analyzing data and conversing with the operators.
- Drive continuous improvement into the process, which will involve working with maintenance, operations, and managing of some capital projects.
- This position will provide the technical support and leadership on projects, which will include selecting appropriate improvements, defining the scope, overseeing design/construction and performing IQ/OQ.
- BS or MS in engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Chemistry/Biochemistry)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities especially in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Lean/continuous improvement experience, GMP experience
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status