Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Historically, the role of IT has been to provide a reliable ecosystem to run the business, drive efficiencies and reduce costs. These areas remain integral, however, driven by the quickening pace of innovation, IT must evolve, proactively partnering with the business to enable new digital business models that power new types of customer engagement.
At Elanco, Domain Architecture is the practice of defining the architecture of a specific digital solution, covering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Commercial-of-the-Shelf (CotS) and/or Custom Developed. Domain Architecture combines guidance from different enterprise architecture viewpoints (e.g. Business Process, Information, Application and Technology), resulting in a secure, scalable design that enables a specific business outcome.
This role will facilitate Elanco’s Innovation IT team define a future of technology solutions. The Domain Architect role provides technical thought leadership, contributing to the business vision, with the autonomy to make key design decisions, as well as influence technology investments. Therefore, the Domain Architect role requires technical breadth and depth, as well as a proven track record of enterprise delivery.
The role is part of the SolutionOps (Solution Delivery and Operations) team with close partnership with product managers in BRM (Business Relationship Management), DataOps and TechOps essential.
To be successful, the Domain Architect role requires a highly motivated individual, with an innovative mindset and a willingness to drive tangible outcomes. The individual must be able to articulate complex technical topics, influencing a range of stakeholders (e.g. IT Leadership, Engineers, etc.)
Finally, as a technical leader, the Domain Architect role will partner closely with the Senior architect and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the Enterprise Architecture Community (EAC), helping to define, embed and scale Architecture standards, patterns and accelerators, whilst also looking to identify innovation opportunities (e.g. Automation, etc.)
• Partner with SolutionOps leadership, Snr. Solution Architect and the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to define, embed and scale SolutionOps, including governance, processes, etc.
• Collaborate with RDIT organization, key business partners, and external resources to identify business problems, opportunities to influence the strategic IT direction for R&D.
• Serve as a technical thought leader for the R&D IT organization supporting the management team in technology evaluations and roadmaps.
• Bring external innovation focus, combined with a strong understanding of business goals, R&D processes and technologies, IT solutions, and infrastructure to influence the future state IT vision for Elanco R&D.
• Partner with solution teams to create modern digital solution designs that are technological sound, avoid technical debt, guarantee compliance and enable the required business outcome.
• Implement and support Line of Business applications (Software-as-a-Service and Commercial-of-the-Shelf), covering commodity/highly industrialised business processes.
• Partner with the Enterprise Architecture Community (EAC), ensuring all digital solutions adhere with the enterprise architecture principles, declaration and reference architecture.
• Influence IT investments, helping to maximise existing investments (strategic partnerships), whilst ensuring architectural compatibility.
• Identify opportunities to modernize and optimize the IT ecosystem, specifically digital solutions supporting business functions.
• Define and lead functional architecture processes and review cycles in alignment with enterprise architecture principles and processes.
• Establish strong partnerships with peers across Business Facing IT (Business Relationship Management), DataOps and TechOps, looking to anticipate needs, influence direction and proactively deliver digital solutions.
• Establish and maintain a symbiotic relationship with DataOps, delivering a clear connection between applications (SolutionOps) and data (DataOps).
• Advise on key initiatives, supporting solution delivery teams across the product lifecycle.
• Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome technical incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
• Proactively engage with the IT community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, represent, educate and inspire.
• Serve as a coach for IT Analysts/Engineers to advance individuals’ technical acumen.
• Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology directions (specifically application architecture), guiding IT and the Business on how to interpret and best leverage emerging technologies.
• Use modern product approaches to influence and shape he business through partnership with BRM (Business Relationship Management) utilising modern product approaches such as rapid prototyping and embedding a ‘show them, don’t tell them’ culture.
• Assist the Snr. Architect and Engineering Lead in the stand up and creation of an innovation rapid response engineering squad to facilitate ideation and business idea shaping around technology products and investments.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status