District Sales Manager (DSM) – Minnesota
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva Agrisciene is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The District Sales Manager (DSM) position will be responsible for directing the field sales efforts in Minnesota. This role will lead the sales effort for Dairyland Seed Brand products. The DSM will perform direct selling activities and demand creation as well as recruitment, coaching, teaching and managing a team of dealers. Provide leadership and vision for the dealers in the district. Administer Dairyland Seed sales policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the district.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Sale of all Dairyland Seed products in an assigned sales district.
- Develop and review annual marketing and business plan for all products within assigned geography.
- Assists dealers in the development of annual business plans and follows up to ensure execution.
- Make variety/hybrid recommendations for all products in the assigned sales district.
- Serves as “point person” with all customers and ability to handle day to day issues i.e. shipping, allocations, and inventory management on all products in the district.
- Provides product training to dealers on an annual basis for all products, and works with agronomy services team to identify plot cooperators and lead and or assist in strip and plot testing on all crops as needed.
Requirements – What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Business, Marketing required, will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- 1-5 years sales experience, managing and coaching individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Selling methodology and technique.
- Dairyland Seed products and services.
- Marketing tools and techniques.
- Competitive product/service offerings; local agricultural markets; value chain and crop production practices.
- Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship requirements for the various technology products.
- Company policies and procedures.
Demonstrated skills in
- Selling, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution, handling objections and coaching.
- Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, inventory data, access and complete administrative duties.
What you can expect from us
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Sales incentive bonus plan.
- Best in Class 401k.
- 4 weeks paid time-off to start & paid holidays.
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account.
- Work-life balance – varied mix of working from home office and spending time out in the field.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!