Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a District Sales Leader in our seed business, serving Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, and Lower Alabama. If you have a passion for providing solutions to customers and leading a high-performing team, this is a great opportunity for you!
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere within the geography mentioned above. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for delivering against sales numbers for our Pioneer & PhytoGen seed brands
- Manage Retail Managers and Sales Agronomists by facilitating access to resources, and providing input to sales campaigns and sales strategy.
- Develop area strategic and tactical plans that align with company goals and policies.
- Provide input into sales strategies and programs and execute plans to achieve results.
- Drive a sales effectiveness plan for the area that ensures 100% customer and prospect coverage and uniform, high-quality PhytoGen and Pioneer brand experience for all.
- Perform direct sales activities as well as provide leadership, vision, and management of sales staff.
- Develop strong relationships with customers in both grower and retail channels
- Responsible for the creation of a business plan for the area, execution of the approved plan, and tracking of the following operational indexes: revenue and margin, market share, penetration, concentration, retention, cross-sell of product lines, and biotechnology mix.
- Conduct analysis of sales metrics, interpret data and apply any recommendations.
- Review data provided by Marketing on a weekly basis.
- Creation of a 5-year strategic plan for the assigned area.
- Responsible for execution of the plan to achieve sales metrics through alignment of resources.
- Facilitate & support demand creation by utilizing competitive intelligence data and applying appropriate financial models.
- Keep informed of competitive products, practices, and strategies.
- Responsibility for safety & core values.
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations, sales management, and sales force motivation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Eight (8) years of Ag marketing or sales experience including the management and development of employees and teams
- Knowledge or training in a specialized, technical, or professional discipline such as Agronomy, Plant Science, Marketing, agri-business, Business Administration, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Selling methodology, tools, and techniques. Pioneer products and services, awareness of crop protection products & services.
What you can expect from us:
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 401k company match
- 4 weeks of paid time off to start
- 9 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – a varied mix of working from a home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!