If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at Corteva Agriscience! Our Commercial Sales team has an exciting opportunity for a District Sales Leader (DSL). This DSL will cover West Texas, West Oklahoma Panhandle, SW Kansas, and New Mexico. If you have a passion for providing solutions to customers and leading a high-performing team, this is a great opportunity for you!
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere with preference in West Texas and SW Kansas – Amarillo, Garden City, Dalhart, etc. If hired, you will be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
How will you help us grow?
- Manage Territory Managers and Area Agronomists by facilitating access to resources, providing input to sales campaigns and sales strategy.
- Develop area strategic and tactical plans that align with company goals and policies.
- Provide input into sales strategies and programs and execute plans to achieve results.
- Drive a sales effectiveness plan for the area that ensures 100% customer and prospect coverage and uniform, high-quality Pioneer brand experience for all.
- Perform direct sales activities as well as provide leadership, vision, and management of sales staff.
- Responsible for creation of a business plan for the area, execution of an approved plan, and tracking of the following operational indexes: revenue and margin, market share, penetration, concentration, retention, cross-sell of product lines, and biotechnology mix.
- Conduct analysis of sales metrics, interpret data, and apply to any recommendations.
- Review data provided by Marketing on a weekly basis.
- Creation of a 5-year strategic plan for assigned area.
- Responsible for execution of a plan to achieve sales metrics through alignment of resources.
- Facilitate & support demand creation by utilizing competitive intelligence data and applying appropriate financial models.
- Keep informed of competitive products, practices, and strategies.
- Responsibility for safety & core values.
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations, sales management and sales force motivation.
What expertise have you grown?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Eight (8) years of Ag marketing or sales experience to include the management and development of employees and teams
- Knowledge or training in a specialized, technical, or professional discipline such as Agronomy, Plant Science, Marketing, agri-business, Business Administration, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Selling methodology, tools, and techniques. Pioneer products and services, awareness of crop protection products & services.
Corteva offers a very comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 401k company match
- 4 weeks paid time off to start
- 9 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – a varied mix of working from a home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!