This position is responsible for developing, directing, and executing strategic Value Improvement/Direct Lean productivity initiatives across the entire Retail Prepared BU portfolio. It serves as an expert resource to our operating Business Units (BU) providing in-depth knowledge on continuous improvement tools/processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accelerate the identification and realization of cost and efficiency savings by targeting the highest areas of opportunity and developing a pipeline of continuous improvement activities by aligning LEAN initiatives to business strategy.
- Partner with BU leaders to facilitate ongoing complexity reduction initiatives through simplification of the portfolio, ingredients, and formulation/meat blocks in order to reduce administrative costs, increase operational efficiency, enable economy of scale purchases, minimize waste, and optimize distribution costs (through minimizing case pick and reducing the required pallet positions).
- Work with BU, Operations, R&D, Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, and other support areas to develop and implement processes that result in effective practices for capacity utilization, cost savings, revenue enhancement, raw material optimization, and improvement of customer relationships.
- Provide input and support the capital deployment strategy, including capital assets and working capital
- Create financial analysis with technical and business leaders to achieve transformation priorities
- Align strategic analyses to successfully deliver the targeted business outcomes
- Articulate target outcomes and roadmaps for achieving the direct lean productivity targets
- Develop sustainable change management strategies and engagement plans to enable the business outcomes of the direct lean program
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, or related technical field of study.
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Technical Services, R&D, or Engineering with extensive experience in Operations/Distribution.
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated experience applying LEAN methodologies to implement complex process improvement initiatives. Have experience in fast-moving consumer goods, consumer durables, diverse industrials, or related sectors.
- This role has no direct reports, but have indirect responsibility for multiple teams, projects, and initiatives.
- This position will require 20%+ travel, dependent upon business needs