Provide leadership and oversight for the Tech Services/Mfg Sciences (TS/MS) group that provides technical support for Poultry Vaccine Manufacturing in Winslow, ME. The Director will ensure that every employee has an annual performance management plan that includes career planning and individual development. The position is part of the site lead team and will be responsible for business planning and management of the department and should work with peers at other vaccine manufacturing sites to establish common best practices.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- BS degree in Microbiology preferred or a BS degree in Engineering, or related technical area acceptable with demonstrated experience and knowledge of biologics.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated leadership within a technical, manufacturing, or quality environment, and understanding of a GMP or USDA regulated environment
- Strong leadership skills – ability to lead through complex technical issues
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Focus on the customer
- Scientific data collection and documentation skills
- Efficient approach to trouble shooting/problem solving
- Ability to prioritize and respond to changing priorities
- Must be able to wear required PPE and be able to comply and follow all gowning requirements
- Strong interpersonal/communication skill: verbal and written
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Leadership to direct reports including employee development.
- Strong partnership and communication with Operations, QA/QC, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Finance, and other areas.
- Proper documentation and use of HR processes.
- Member of multiple lead teams on site (PLT, QLT, HSELT, HRLT, and others)
- Participate in site reviews, Long Range Planning, Business Planning
- Driving the culture of safety first – quality always
- Coaching, development and feedback to direct reports.
- Benchmarking with other Elanco sites to learn and apply best practices
- Site and community engagement
Support of Vaccine Manufacturing
- Participate in the development and execution of key business objectives for the Winslow site, including the establishment of, and management of, the technical road map for the site.
- Will partner with Plant Lead Team members in the development of local and global functional strategies and the development of one and three-year business plan objectives and for capital planning.
- Establish a scientific management process that results in the development of prioritized project lists and the efficient execution of the projects followed by technical reports.
- Periodic reports will also be issued for each of the supported processes with control charts and root cause analysis.
- Reduction of process variability will be a key focus and all processes will be validated with appropriate documentation
Performance Development for the TS/MS Team
- Implement performance development activities in the team including performance management, individual development plans, and mentoring employees in career management discussions.
- Responsible for the development and completion of training plans, integration of new employees into the team and for managing individual assignments for all members of the team.
- The members of TS/MS will function as full partners with the operating areas they support.
- The Manager is responsible for maintaining close communication with leaders of supported areas and for balancing the alignment of team resources to meet needs as they arise.
- They will be responsible for scheduling and project priority changes that arise throughout the business year and for providing resources for use in managing process events.
Process Safety Management/Compliance Management
- Lead safety improvement initiatives for the TS/MS group and plant site and ensure proper consideration is given to safety in the management of projects
- Position will require occasional travel (approximately 10%)
- Position is located in Winslow, Maine on site. This is not a remote position.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status