Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
As TSMS Director you will lead a team of scientists and engineers responsible for technical stewardship of Clinton Manufacturing processes. This position is located at our Clinton, Indiana manufacturing site.
The TSMS Director is responsible for the technical stewardship of established and new processes at the Clinton Laboratories site. Currently, this includes large-scale natural products fermentation, premix feed additives, pet health packaging, plus a growing portfolio that includes EPA products and oral solids dose manufacturing. The position requires strong interface with Operations, Quality, and Engineering management to execute the site agenda and achieve business plan.
1. Safety 1st and Quality Always: Establish a work environment that pursues a zero-injury mindset through continuous safety improvement. This includes conducting routine safety audits and actively fostering safety dialogue for process changes and lab/pilot plant activities. Ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and compliant with all current Good Manufacturing Practices, and that a strong partnership with the Quality organization is formed as process improvements are made and events are investigated.
2. Deliver Technical Excellence: Technical Services is responsible for 1) Strong Technical Stewardship of the Processes, 2) Validation and Periodic Review coordination, 3) Continuous Process Improvement, 4) Knowledge capture of key learning in technical reports and presentations. The Director will model excellence in their pursuit of each of these deliverables.
3. People Development: The TSMS Director should strive to constantly develop the process, the people, and the technical knowledge-base of the processes. It is expected that they will work to understand the career aspirations of each employee to achieve the above goals, while helping them flourish within the broader Elanco and TSMS organizations. The front line TSMS roles which report to this Director are key talent feeders to more senior technical and leadership roles within manufacturing and other parts of Elanco.
4. Establish Technical Network: The TSMS Director should lead-by-example to partner with strong technical experts to deliver the best outcomes for the business. Therefore, they should continually develop their own capabilities by developing strong technical contacts within Elanco and the external technical community.
- Manufacturing Experience in pharma
- Strong Understanding and Application of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Effective communication skills
- Efficient approach to trouble shooting/problem solving
- Experience with any of the following technologies is additionally preferred:
- Oral Solids Dose Manufacturing
- Feed Additive Premixing
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar disciplines.
Must not be sensitive to animal health products such as tylosin, monensin, or narasin
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status