At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other insurances
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
BASIC FUNCTION: The Director Rural 1st Operations provides leadership and direction to the assigned Rural 1st Operations team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Leading and coaching team members to effectively support the lending process consistent with association goals.
- Providing direction, assigning work among team members and maintaining customer service levels.
- Focusing specifically in the following areas:
- Internal and external customer experience
- Credit administration and compliance to process and procedure
- Database accuracy and maintenance
- Monitoring and assessing workload volumes and workflow
Directors LEAD by:
- Applying team operating standards and monitoring adherence to essential procedures.
- Leading and coaching others, setting team’s direction and deploying resources, evaluating performance, reviewing pay and recommending employment decisions.
- Achieving results by leading team members in a manner that instills trust and is consistent with association values.
- Working to continually exceed customer expectations through process improvement, quality assurance and managing service levels.
- Collaborating with other Consumer Operations leaders to support consistency and workflow.
- Maintaining technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process development capabilities.
- Being accountable for individual team(s) performance and cooperation with team’s upstream and downstream.
- Implementing processes and programs that promote an understanding of, and positively contribute to, the customer experience.
- Conducting loan reviews and using findings to coach and develop operations team members.
- Modeling organizational values, inspiring a shared vision and holding their teams accountable for culture preservation and growth.
Directors ADAPT by:
- Adjusting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges with focus on the next one to two years’ priorities.
- Making decisions within their area of responsibility based on policies, procedures and business plan.
- Using resource availability and functional objectives to achieve goals.
- Partnering with their leader on disciplinary or salary actions.
- Applying acquired expertise to analyze and solve problems without clear precedent.
Directors CONNECT by:
- Building strong relationships with sales, credit and appraisal leaders and team members.
- Coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional leaders to make recommendations and solve problems.
- Providing technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
- Serving on standing Association committees/teams.
As appropriate, other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance, agriculture, business or related field preferred; Farm Credit Mid-America experience considered. Five years of experience in financial services environment focused on sales and customer support, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Association consumer lending products, services, fees and their applications to customers’ needs; interest rates, and fees; selling techniques; Association accounting systems; Association originating systems and processes; technology; and Association policies and procedures.
Skills in: Building business relationships; negotiating; probing for customer needs, matching products and services to customer needs; managing and using media effectively; translating features into benefits; closing sales; interpersonal relations; listening; using Association accounting and loan origination systems; and computers; verbal and written communications; decision making; and creative problem solving. General management as applied to office operations; organizing, coaching, counseling, developing and motivating subordinates.
Ability to: Achieve goals; be innovative; accept and implement corporate strategies; demonstrate the values of Association; maintain confidentiality; be a self-starter; be assertive; relate positively to others; listen to customers; use Association systems and computers; be logical; work under stress; to overcome objections; manage time; accept risk; inspire others; professionally represent the Association; use available resources and partnerships to solve problems.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to:
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.