Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Director at Ft. Dodge will lead a sustainable Lean Transformation and lead multiple work streams and coordinates overall transformation at the site.
The Director will provide post-implementation support for Lean initiatives covering Operating, Management and People systems.
- Responsible for the success of the Lean transformation across site.
- Leads a team of local change agents to ensure successful project diagnosis, design and sustainable completion.
- Overseeing application of lean method in dimensions covering Operating, Management and People systems across site
- Communication of Lean across the site
- Achieving cultural change across the site
- Reaching site impact goals
- Build capabilities of all site employees
- Makes presentations regarding project direction and recommendations to site leadership
- Prepares periodic written reports for site leadership regarding project status.
- Keeps Central change agents and Operations Excellence leader informed of project direction; renegotiates direction as necessary.
- Influential leader who will engage all organizational levels and lead sustained improvement.
- Appreciates human challenges in improvement projects and knows how to resolve them.
- Focused on business impact and actionable recommendations.
- Excited to lead complex discussion and convince on key principles
- Acts as role model for local change agents
- Ambitious regarding her/his own career path
- Understands dynamics and culture of organizations and liaises well beyond the site.
Management & Economic Magnitude:
Will establish budgets and oversee expenditures for cost center. Decisions directly impact biological product availability for domestic and global markets.
Direct Reports: 2-3;
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or professional designation preferred
- Minimum of five years’ of progressively more responsible experience in an operations or project management leadership role
- Working capability with Lean or Six Sigma
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills required
- Must be a recognized and ambitious leader
- Competent in project planning, problem solving (to include simulation, modeling, capital budgeting, cost benefit analysis and information systems development)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status