Inari’s Director of Strategy plays a critical role in aligning the company’s objectives, overseeing evaluation of new opportunities and prioritizing initiatives.
This role reports to the CFO and supports the Leadership Team and Board by leading the long-range planning function, working closely with business planning and FP&A. This role and two senior analysts reporting to the CFO form Inari’s Strategy and Planning function.
AS A DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY, YOU WILL….
- Oversee Inari’s strategic and long-term planning process as well as evaluation of new business opportunities
- Provide regular updates on key strategic topics and long term planning to the leadership team and prepare supporting materials for presentation to the Board
- Collaborate with internal business partners (commercial, external innovation, FP&A, etc in the development of growth strategies including planning for new markets and products
- Analyze emerging industry trends (competitors, products, tools, etc.) to provide updates as they relate to Inari’s key strategic initiatives and potential expansion opportunities
- Lead evaluation of investment / value-creation opportunities which may arise from the business or strategy and make recommendations to the Leadership Team, including prioritization of opportunities
- Ensure efficient resource allocation through evaluation of returns, growth and risk of initiatives and providing input to the Leadership Team with regards to prioritization
- Provide executive support:
- Board materials re long-term planning
- Business case support on new initiatives
- Guide, coach, and assist in developing peer team members in the achievement of organizational goals and personal development.
- On an ad hoc basis assist with evaluation of transactions including collaboration and licensing agreements. Assist with deal negotiation and large procurement
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years business experience with significant experience in strategic business planning or business development roles
- Primary job location is Cambridge, MA and may travel up to 10 weeks per year (post-COVID)
- Experience in Life sciences field; Agriculture/Ag Tech preferred
- Must have a demonstrated track record of working with senior leadership to provide strategic insight
- Results-oriented, self-starter with high level of personal initiative and focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining highly collaborative, flexible, and productive cross-organization relationships
- Strategic thinker balanced with operational and practical implementation skills