We are an…
Innovative nonprofit organization devoted to make the 10-county Wabash Heartland region in Indiana a global epicenter of IoT in agriculture and manufacturing. We do this by developing the region as a very large scale IoT Living Lab — a region where public entities, private companies, universities and residents form a collaborative innovation ecosystem to discover, develop, validate, and realize benefit of new technologies, products and services in real-life contexts.
We are looking for…
A sharp and hardworking individual interested in a full-time position located in West Lafayette, IN to serve as WHIN’s Director of Research and Education Outreach. You will be responsible for building and sustaining relationships mainly with professors at Purdue University and Ivy Tech Community College in order to increase active participants of WHIN’s IoT Living Lab for research and education, which would lead to generating more research funding and industry partnerships to the region. You will report to CEO of WHIN.
You should be able to…
- Maintain a high-level understanding of various IoT technologies deployed and the unique assets available in the WHIN Living Lab, and effectively relay their value and benefits to university professors in their own research and education
- Identify and build new relationships with researchers and educators from k-12 through university level. These relationships focus both on grant applications and student education leveraging WHIN’s data and other assets in the Living Lab.
- Organize events to raise awareness of WHIN Living Lab assets and collaboration opportunities with research and education partners.
- Thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial organization, and effectively manage deadlines across a handful of concurrent projects
- Interact with other key areas such as engineering, business development and marketing.
You should have…
- Experience in grants and funding for university research and education
- Strong organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Extensive experience in CRM systems (e.g., Hubspot), project management tools (e.g., Asana) and G-Suite
- An appreciation for the WHIN mission
You get to…
Work with a hardworking and influential team to lead a community-focused non-profit with an unprecedented opportunity to change Indiana with cutting edge Internet of Things innovation.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references of relevant experience to careers@WHIN.org for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to careers@WHIN.org