Outdoor Environments Group is the Midwest’s leader in innovative design, construction and maintenance of residential and commercial outdoor environments. Our passion is to create an outdoor environment that inspires, rejuvenates and elevates our client’s day. Our team is a family that supports each other, and we believe that we only succeed when every individual on our team succeeds. We promote from within and help our team members grow and nurture their careers.We are currently seeking a strong, experienced Director of Landscape Maintenance Services.
Director of Landscape Maintenance Services is responsible for efficient operations and attaining financial goals for the Property Care division, which includes mow crew, private gardeners, property care crews, enhancement team, irrigation teams, plant and turf health technicians, and pool service teams. Director of Landscape Maintenance Services ensures contract adherence and communicates with clients for items that are outside the contract. Director of Landscape Maintenance Services acts as quality assurance and observes work completed meets the OEG Quality Standard.
Director of Landscape Maintenance Services Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for safety, direction, quality completion, and financial outcome of landscape maintenance and property care activities. Communicates with all teams regarding goals and expectations and provides feedback on performance.
- Able to identify gaps and take proactive steps to minimize impacts
- Visits sites to complete quality check to ensure OEG Quality Standards are met
- Ensure customer satisfaction by communicating, identifying and exceeding client needs
- Accurately forecasts labor and equipment needs with the addition of new contracts/ projects.
- Manage costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material, and equipment
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual innovation and productivity of self and teams.
- Collaborate with sales and administrative teams as necessary regarding schedules, budget changes, material and equipment expenditures, estimating, payroll, employee relations issues, construction, masonry, etc.
- Conducts performance reviews for all assigned team members on a regular cadence and verifies weekly time sheets
- Submits billing information on a timely basis.
- Able to follow and enforce Company policies and safety procedures
Director of Landscape Maintenance Services must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Design or related field.
- 7-10 years leadership experience with project management of landscape and property care
- Understands metrics and financial information; able to identify and implement proactive and corrective steps
- Proficient in Google Suite and knowledge of BOSS, preferred
- Valid driver’s license, required
- Experience working with various landscaping tools and equipment of the trade
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Plant and Turf Care, Plant ID
- Strong management skills and ability to multitask to ensure completion of multiple projects on time
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred