WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
This role will drive cross functional growth priorities across the business, including in the areas of business processes and operations. As a strategic member of the CFO leadership team, will evaluate, design and drive execution across projects. This person will be focused on helping transform our business processes and financial systems as SAP is implemented over the next 2 years. This person will lead, develop, and inspire a team of professionals, while working across the broader cross functional teams to enable and deliver on company’s growth goals. This position will be key in managing cash requirements for the company. It will require a strong partnership with company managers to ensure compliance and accuracy of our books and records and validate a sound internal control structure. This role is a hybrid role working from home and in our Westfield, Indiana office.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting of financial statements, (i.e. income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements)
- Lead the cash requirements for the company and provide compliance reporting quarterly to banking facilities
- Lead and model hedging activities with external Broker and ensure cash applications and derivative accounting are accurate
- Lead direct reports on monthly accounting close activities and deliverables (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics, and reporting)
- Translate finance and business requirements into specific system, application or process designs covering both functional and non-functional aspects
- Work cross-functionally with FPA to support our business partners with financial insights and reporting that includes analysis of YTD variances
- Construct, modify, and implement internal control procedures
- Understand Parent reporting requirements and analyze reporting data for Parent Organizations before submission
- Lead and assist with the company year-end financial audit as needed
- Take an active role in cross-functional projects as required
- Organize our global procurement function and ensuring consistent, scalable processes
- Responsible for projecting a positive image of AgReliant Genetics and act in accordance with the Company’s Core Values
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required
- CPA and/or Master’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years of general accounting experience required
- 3-5 years supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, specialty with Derivative and Lease accounting
- Experience in Concur and SAP required
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP policy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively present information to Senior Management
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively coach and manage individuals and teams
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work required hours
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Must have valid driver license and meet MVR guidelines