As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Director, will be responsible for supporting the Sr. Director Compliance and the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) with the oversight of our monitoring and reporting activities for our compliance, integrity and privacy programs. Primary responsibilities consist of developing and implementing monitoring objectives, providing data and data analytics to address findings and coordinating reporting of activities to the appropriate business stakeholders and interested parties. Additionally, the Director will: provide training on current and developing compliance issues and risks to the company in view of data and data analytics; interface with Corporate Audit Services, Human Resources, Finance, Legal, business contacts, and other key global stakeholders to help ensure a coordinated approach on all related matters; and maintaining an effective global monitoring and reporting program. These duties directly support our global commitment to doing the right thing in the right way along with following the laws, regulations, industry codes, policies and procedures that govern our business, both of which are foundations of our culture.
The role is a new US role engaging with internal cross-functional stakeholders and external parties, and providing guidance/ direction to internal clients based upon outcome of monitoring and reporting events.
- Support the Compliance and Integrity (C&I) team and CCO, including privacy, to ensure a robust monitoring and reporting approach with a strategic vision by:
- Designing, assessing and continually improving an effective C&I program that provides for key monitoring, annual monitoring plans, coordination with Audit Services for strategic monitoring planning, reporting, education etc.
- Implement a global monitoring program operation which promotes monitoring and reporting in view of principle-based policies and procedures, which includes dashboards, data analytics, central and non-central monitoring approaches, remote monitoring, and artificial intelligence.
- Develop, implement and comparatively report out data-centric outcomes from monitoring efforts which highlight trends, suspected deficiencies, nodal analysis, possible weaknesses in systems or processes, areas for possible enhanced audit, and predictive analytics for conceptual information analysis.
- Provide modeling of possible scenarios and data sources to comparatively simulate possible alternate outcomes, risk areas or possible threat situations.
- Report summaries and findings to Sr. Director Compliance, CCO and other key business leaders
- Assist the CCO in developing compliance strategic and annual plans, budgets and resource alignment.
- Ensure a principle-based Code of Conduct is implemented (policy and execution) stating the company’s commitment to full compliance with relevant laws applicable to Elanco commensurate with industry risks, comparative benchmarks, and in association with appropriate and individualized employee engagement mechanisms
- Support leadership in creating and fostering an engaged global culture of C&I, compliant with all laws, and clearly understood by all employees.
- Comparatively provide input to risk issues that arise from activities including in the completion of the compliance risk assessment for all businesses and affiliates.
- Develop training and communication strategies that are responsive to our needs and effectively raise awareness and understanding through education of the programs.
- Coordinate and communicate exceptionally well with other members of the direct team as well as indirect team members to foster a strong environment of collaboration.
- Provide support for all matters involving Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Integrated Controls (IC) with the CCO and data/reporting needs.
- Support the Integrated Resource Network (IRN), providing consulting, advise, education regarding monitoring and reporting activities, data and systems.
- Undergraduate degree, Bachelor’s minimum.
- Significant experience leading or directing a monitoring and reporting program, with experience in compliance transformation (change management).
- Strong understanding of risk management fundamentals/tools and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proven change management and project management skills, including the successful transformation of a centralized function to a decentralized or hybrid model of operation.
- Effective leadership and influencing skills (critical thinking, results oriented, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices for policies and procedures, training, and communications in a global company
- Proven past experience or demonstrated abilities to lead the following areas:
- performing compliance risk assessments
- developing and administering training programs, including understanding of the efficacy of training and learning and development best practices
- policy writing and development
- working knowledge of 7 elements of an effective compliance program with ability for clearly advising and educating clients on the subject in relation to monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to partner effectively with stakeholders in multiple geographies and positions within the company with a cross-cultural sensitivity and mindset.
- Proven experience integrating compliance through integrated networks, supporting the company via program training, communiques, and internal client engagement.
- Experience working with and advising senior business partners on ethics and compliance matters.
- High level of professional maturity and sensitivity to confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment and quickly step in in situations where resources may be restricted or timing is constrained.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to educate internal clients on complex compliance, integrity and privacy processes, procedures and risks associated with awareness education, performing with complete integrity for all matters, and delivering on promises made.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Strong business acumen and mindset towards collaboration
- Strong ability to develop ideas visually and communicate messaging and guidance to senior leaders with a dedicated following
- Demonstrated and recognized E&C leadership in field; advanced certification
- Six Sigma certification obtained or actively pursuing
- Consistent support to DE&I initiatives throughout professional career
- Prior successful management and leadership of global compliance teams, regionally-focused.
- This role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed