Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Director – Data Product Delivery and Operations will be responsible for leading a cross functional team of IT data analysts to enable business outcomes through delivery and operational support of data products, pipelines, and processes for the enterprise. This role will play a key role in leading and coaching teams and individuals through our transformation to agile data product delivery and in maturing our landscape towards a modern data ecosystem.
In partnership with data domain leaders, data engineers, and enterprise data architects, the successful candidate will also help to identify and implement global capabilities and deliver data solutions in alignment with Elanco’s enterprise reference architecture and engineering framework.
This position reports to the Senior Director IT – DataOps. Our enterprise DataOps team is responsible for transforming Elanco into a data-driven company through a dedicated focus on data architecture, engineering, and analytics.
- Work with DataOps leadership to establish and scale the DataOps delivery and operations team
- Partner with Data Ops Domain Leaders, Business facing teams (BRM), and Solution Ops teams for demand shaping, prioritization, and alignment.
- Be responsible for ensuring teams and third-party vendors are delivering outcomes aligned with commitments to stakeholders
- Collaborate within the DataOps team to define, embed, and scale the DataOps governance and portfolio delivery processes for delivering data products and pipelines to enable the business initiatives in Elanco.
- Identify and position new methodologies, techniques and concepts that drive data product delivery and operational efficiencies, including automation, etc.
- Establish a culture of operational excellence, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Enable and foster strong working relationships with third party service providers for both development and support of data solutions.
- Own the establishment of required capabilities and skills, anticipate future needs, staff to needs, and continuously work to develop people and the organization.
- Recruit, develop, engage and retain a diverse, high-performing team.
- Coach and mentor the engineering staff to maximize each individual’s contribution and to help them achieve their full potential
- Demonstrate ownership in understanding the organization’s strategic direction as it relates to your team and individual goals.
- Establish strong partnerships across the Business, Business Facing IT (Business Relationship Management), SolutionOps and TechOps, looking to anticipate needs, influence direction and proactively deliver business outcomes.
- Establish and maintain a symbiotic relationship with SolutionOps, delivering a clear connection between applications and data.
- Serve as a key data thought leader, providing insight into emerging practices, helping to maximize our delivery for the organization
- Advise on key initiatives, supporting product teams across the lifecycle of the product.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome incidents, complex problems and/or realize opportunities.
- Establish strong partnerships with established and potential service integrators (vendors), looking to establish a balances out-sourcing strategy.
- Establish a strong partnership with Information Security, helping to mitigate risks.
- Where appropriate, engage with senior Business and IT Leadership, providing input that supports the strategy and corporate objectives.
- Proactively engage with the IT community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, represent, educate and inspire.
- Bring an external and innovation focus to IT and the Business
- Serve as a coach across IT to advance individuals’ business and IT acumen.
- Participate and influence IT people development and succession management processes.
- Participate and influence IT recruitment and talent programs.
- Proactively position required IT skills (current and future) and help identify gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of team leadership experience or significant IT program leadership experience or strong examples of mentorship/coaching
- Background or experience in Data / Business Intelligence solutions and technologies strongly preferred
- Background or experience in Operations and Service Management strongly preferred
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings with clear agendas and minutes
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, global work environment and the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive activities concurrently are critical
- Demonstrated strong customer management, negotiation, appropriate critical thinking and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build networks with diverse groups of individuals and to work effectively within geographically dispersed team and partners
- Focus on shared learning and best practices, team player
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United Kingdom & Ireland. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this position.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status