Indiana Packers Corporation is currently looking for highly effective leader who will hold responsibility for four manufacturing locations in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio while functioning as the Environmental, Social and Governance leader based in our Delphi, Indiana corporate headquarters.
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America’s Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer’s, Field, Mickelberry’s, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members’ contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
The Director of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) will serve a key role in achieving these goals which will include creating and executing an enterprise ESG strategy, as well as establishing ESG data and content collection and validation processes for various stakeholder groups. Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall ESG strategic plan creation & implementation across the firm.
- Environmental impact business plan creation & execution.
- Social impact program design, oversight, & implementation at the property level leveraging internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with social impact and green initiative partners for program implementation and reporting.
- Serve as subject matter expert in ESG reporting for the organization.
- Serve as Project Manager for the development of the annual corporate responsibility report, working closely with subject matter experts across the firm.
- Manage governance systems & corporate governance compliance.
- Act as a strong participant in establishing data driven ESG goals, milestones, and metrics.
- Develop and implement company-wide plan for collecting, storing, validating, and distributing ESG data and content for reporting and responding to requests from key stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of global ESG trends and tools, metrics and KPIs, and share updates and implications with broader ESG team and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an ESG related role, leading ESG execution with experience in ESG strategy development.
- Broad business and technological acumen to integrate metrics on ESG performance into systems and data architecture.
- Subject matter expert on ESG reporting and disclosures with strong understanding of the role of ESG data.
- Highly organized and results-oriented with demonstrated experience managing cross-enterprise reporting processes.
- Stays up to date with global standards related to socially responsible/ESG investing and reporting including but not limited to ICMA Green and Social Bond Principles, UN Sustainable Development Goals, IRIS, UN Principles for Responsible Investing, and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board.
- Expertise in building relationships across business units and corporate functions to influence process or policy changes. Understands business drivers and operational processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills suitable to an environment working with senior executives and external stakeholders.
Who is the right “fit” for this position?
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments that are constantly evolving.
- A team player that enjoys collaborating and working with groups.
- High achiever that can multi-task and handle multiple challenges at once.
- Detail-oriented. Responsible. Takes Initiative
- “Outside the box” thinker who is both innovative and creative.
- Questions conventional wisdom and finds creative solutions to complex problems
Must be able to pass E Verify
EOE including Disability and Veteran