At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Digital Farming Platform in the Farming Solutions & Digital group has the mission to advance our pipeline of innovative digital tools and predictive models to maximize the value that farmers receive from their Corteva Seed and Crop Protection products.
As the Domain Science Lead for Digital Seeds and CP within Digital Farming, you will play a key role in the success of these research initiatives. You will partner with Digital Farming Program Leads and project leaders to ensure that research is empirically rigorous, well tested, and follow a consistent set of best practices as they advance through R&D Pipeline stages from Discovery to Launch.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Maintain and expand upon Digital Farming guidelines and best practices for scientific experimentation.
- Works with Program Leads to establish model & analytics criteria to meet the technical value creation and business value capture targets for a program’s concepts, in alignment with Business Unit, Commercial and R&D stakeholders.
- Oversees science and technical development across the projects in a program, including model reviews and experiment/trial designs & validations
- As needed, assists project leads in evaluating experiment plans and performance or in identifying gaps/issues, such as (as applicable):
- Reduction of project goals into testable hypotheses
- Experiment design
- Establishment of data gathering protocols
- Assessment of model/experiment performance
- Reporting on experiment outcomes
- Assuring replicability of the experiment
- Understands the impact of model/analytics design on software product features, e.g. required data inputs, and works with the Program Lead and Product Development leads to update product roadmaps and/or update model criteria as appropriate to deliver on Digital Farming goals
- Assessment of project’s fitness for advancement through stages and gates within the R&D Pipeline.
- Assistance with IP filings and paper submissions as appropriate for Digital Farming innovations.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- PhD in Statistics, Geospatial Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or an agricultural biology science such as Plant Breeding, Agronomy or Plant Pathology, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience designing and operating experimental programs (including during academic instruction)
- Excited about translating science into action, learning the ins and outs of seed and crop protection product performance on the farm, and communicating technical subjects to a diverse audience across data science, product, business strategy and field teams
- Ability to manage and/or advise on field experiment budgets and logistics
- Strong foundation in statistics and experience with common statistical methods and frameworks for experimental design and assessing experimental outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills, especially when teaching and coaching peers
- Preferred technical skills:
- Familiarity with languages such as R and Python as necessary to automate data processing
- Experience building visualizations of scientific data
- Proficiency with GIS solutions and familiarity with geospatial data
- Experience working with cloud computing technologies and infrastructure
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!