The Advancement Technology, Information, and Support Services department provides the systems infrastructure (hardware and application software), data, and user support that the IU Foundation and IU Alumni Association staff need to excel at their jobs. The department serves IU by maintaining a customer focus while making advancement information accessible to users of our systems as well as providing security and privacy for donor records and financial information.
About the IU Foundation
Founded in 1936, the Indiana University Foundation maximizes private support for Indiana University by fostering lifelong relationships with key stakeholders, providing advancement leadership, and fundraising services for campuses and units across the university. Today, the IU Foundation oversees one of the largest public university endowments in the country, with a market value in excess of $3 billion. IU is consistently ranked among the top four of Big Ten universities in annual voluntary support.
This is a great opportunity for a database developer to join our growing Advancement Technology Services team within the Indiana University Foundation. This is a proper database developer role – rather than a DBA – and as such we are looking for someone who is as comfortable writing stored procedures as they are collaborating with functional process owners, systems administrators, and application development partners.
What you will do
The database developer will be part of a data-focused team that has a variety of tasks. You will:
· work closely with peer developers and data owners to evolve our data structures and intelligence platforms
· problem solve data issues in existing data integrations with vended systems, custom software, and Tableau reporting structures
· contribute to and enforce data standards across the organization
· document and share best practices for data usage including collaboration with departmental data analysts
· stay current on data tools and trends, seek educational opportunities, and implement new solutions
Experience we want to see
· High school diploma and three years of related technical experience working with enterprise relational databases, data integrations, BI, and/or data warehousing
· Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build “trust” with the customer
· Attention to detail and quality
· Strong follow-through skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex technical issues for problem solving
· Ability to work
· Experience applying structured programming methods
· Experience working with relational databases and MS SQL Server
· Experience with Tableau or other BI software
· Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or related discipline strongly preferred
· Experience with Blackbaud CRM, Informatica, Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud, or Commerce Cloud
· Experience with data warehousing strongly preferred
· Experience working with SSRS and SSIS
· Familiarity with .NET and C#
This position will be posted until the role is filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, beginning as early as February 14th- Apply Now!
We are sensitive to how the COVID- 19 pandemic is impacting work and personal lives, and will offer the upmost flexibility throughout the interview process. As the IU Foundation and much of Indiana University is currently observing a remote environment, interviews will be conducted via Zoom for the safety and well-being of all involved.
The IU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.