WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
The Engineer will ensure a solid foundation of data for use in business-critical analytics or reporting and will also work on the development and optimization of research applications. This position will be mainly responsible for the development, integrity, and maintenance of AgReliant’s Research data infrastructure and enable proper interconnection across databases and applications within and across functions/companies. This is a remote position.
- Apply deep understanding of traditional data warehousing, data structures, and tools to arrange data into ideal data structures that handle data from different sources, functions, and processes.
- Design and maintain data storage systems and access patterns.
- Build, deploy, and maintaining software applications that support the research organization within and across AgReliant and the Parent Companies.
- Contribute to the development of new algorithms and capabilities that will enable seamless connected systems across operations, trait integration, line breeding and hybrid development.
- Design, develop, validate, deploy, and support analytical solutions to the breeding organization.
- Work with third-party companies/vendors to implement, configure, and maintain solutions and systems.
- Programming and use of various libraries for task automation, calling APIs, preparing, and transforming data for analysis and digital transformations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, information science, engineering, mathematics, or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, R, and SQL, among others.
- Experienced in analysis, design, coding, development, testing and maintenance of large data warehouse systems with various heterogeneous source systems.
- Experience with APIs, which are used for data integration.
- An understanding of a wide range of data systems and platforms, such as data warehouses and data lakes, as well as relational databases.
- Experience building and operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Must be able to know the basics of deploying machine learning algorithms.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 15% including occasional international travel.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR Requirements.