At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opening for a Data Science Leader to drive advanced analytics opportunities in Global Seed Production and Supply Chain. The successful candidate will join a strong, globally distributed Data Science team that develops advanced statistical/machine learning solutions that deliver value across Corteva. The candidate will partner with senior engineers and leaders in crop manufacturing to shape and deliver advanced analytics solutions that have a direct impact on the manufacturing value chain.
The candidate must have a broad knowledge in Data Science and leadership skills to identify and deliver novel solutions that enable data-driven decisions. The preferred location for this position is located in Des Moines IA, with relocation supported. An outstanding candidate located remotely would be considered, with periodic travel needed to Des Moines.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Work hands-on along with team members to deliver the portfolio of projects aligned to supply chain analytics needs
- Identify, acquire, and engineer feature data sets with potential to address customer needs
- Leverage data science and data engineering resources, capabilities, and best practices from the Corteva Data Science group a
- Apply machine learning/statistical models and other computational approaches to extract insights from large datasets in manufacturing systems.
- Partner with senior engineers/leaders to understand needs and formulate high-impact projects that you and your team members will deliver
- Collaborate with other team mmbers to ensure scientific rigor in projects under your purview
- Communicate insights derived from complex data analysis into simple conclusions that empower leadership to drive action
- M.S or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Operations Research or related highly quantitative fields.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Proven ability to independently translate scientific needs into data science problems by asking right questions, and delivering solutions by identifying necessary data, building models, and producing actionable results
- Broad understanding of emerging analytics/machine learning approaches and how they can be deployed to drive value in an industry setting
- In-depth expertise in applying machine and deep learning methods (e.g. random forests, XGBoost, LSTM)
- Experience initiating, developing, and leading data science projects/efforts as a solo contrubutor
- Programming experience with at least one scientific programming language (e.g. Python, R), with the desire and ability to learn additional languages as needed
- Critical thinking, strong problem-solving skills, flexibility, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Neural network frameworks such as PyTorch as well as PySpark
- Familiarity with optimal designs and optimization algorithms
- Familiarity with visualization and rapid prototyping tools (e.g. R Shiny, Power BI)
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.