At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opening for a Data Science Leader to drive advanced analytics opportunities in Global Crop Protection Manufacturing. The successful candidate will join a strong, globally distributed Data Science team that develops advanced statistical/machine learning solutions that deliver value across Corteva. The candidate will partner with senior engineers and leaders in manufacturing to shape and deliver advanced analytics solutions that have a direct impact on the manufacturing value chain.
The candidate must have a broad knowledge in Data Science and leadership skills to identify and deliver novel solutions that enable data-driven decisions. Although not required, preference will be given to candidates with familiarity in manufacturing. The preferred location for this position is located either in Midland MI, or Indianapolis IN, with relocation supported. An outstanding candidate located remotely would be considered, with periodic travel needed to either Midland or Indianapolis for manufacturing or DSI collaboration.s
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Lead and grow a small team of data scientists working in the manufacturing domain
- Work hands-on along with team members to deliver the portfolio of projects aligned to manufacturing needs
- Partner with senior engineers/leaders to understand needs and formulate high-impact projects that you and your team members will deliver
- Guide team members to ensure scientific rigor in projects under your purview
- Communicate insights derived from complex data analysis into simple conclusions that empower leadership to drive action
- Work with leadership to develop and execute long-term advanced analytics strategies
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
M.S or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Operations Research or related highly quantitative fields. 5+ years of relevant experience post Ph.D, or 10+ years experience post M.S required.
- Proven ability to independently translate scientific needs into data science problems by asking right questions, and delivering solutions by identifying necessary data, building models, and producing actionable results
- Broad understanding of emerging analytics/machine learning approaches and how they can be deployed to drive value in an industry setting
- In-depth expertise in applying machine and deep learning methods (e.g. random forests, XGBoost, LSTM)
- Experience initiating, developing, and leading data science projects/efforts with multiple data scientists
- 5+ years of programming experience with at least one scientific programming language (e.g. Python, R), with the desire and ability to learn additional languages as needed.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required
- Critical thinking, strong problem-solving skills, flexibility, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with design and analysis of experiments (e.g. factorial designs, response surface modeling)
- Familiarity with optimal designs and optimization algorithms
- Familiarity with visualization and rapid prototyping tools (e.g. R Shiny, Power BI)
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!