Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Data Science Lead. The Data Science Lead will provide leadership focused on enhancing data driven decision-making within U.S. Commercial. Lead the development and implementation of data sciences related to impact, predictive and prescriptive analytics. Direct the development and advancement of advanced analytic solutions to segment customers, evaluate tactics and identify drivers. Both coach and player roles apply to this position.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the data science strategy and maturation within the U.S. Commercial business
- Coach and develop the Data Science team which includes defining, prioritizing and guiding projects
- Network across business functions to ensure collaboration of efforts and enhancement of analytical methodologies
- Implement new modeling techniques for pattern recognition, prediction, classification, and other complex data science problems in marketing
- Document methodologies and increase institutional knowledge based on experimental results and operationalized solutions
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of marketing tactics
- Develop predictive and/or prescriptive solutions focused on enhancing customer experience by aligning marketing content and offers with customer/prospect needs
- Create customer segmentation features based on customer health scoring for prospect conversion, customer retention, cross-sell, churn, and uplift opportunities
- Measure the business impact of implemented marketing tactics (e.g.; campaigns, services, programs, etc.)
- Identify key leading indicators and create dynamics dashboards tracking business performance
- Develop analytic solutions to support demand and spend forecasts
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D in Statistics, Data Science, Computational Science or Applied Mathematics highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience applying predictive and prescriptive methods within a Sales and Marketing environment
- Expertise in Bayesian statistics
- Experience with modern methods for parallelized processing of large, distributed datasets (e.g. Databricks, Spark, Hadoop, Map-reduce)
- Proficiency with data visualization and dashboard tools
- Social media network and sentiment analysis
- Knowledge of digital marketing, SEO and NLP
- Lifetime learner philosophy – ability to identify and implement new methodologies
- Proficiency with a broad suite of machine learning techniques and expert ability to select the right technique
- Ability to deal with data imperfections such as missing values, multi-collinearity, outliers and non-normal distributions
- Excellent data mining and transformation skills
- Proficiency with a major data science programming language (e.g.; R, Python or Java) to manipulate data and draw insights
- Excellent ability to extract relevant insights and communicate those to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to develop a broad technical network while working independently in a business environment
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!