Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience is the world leader in the plant biotechnology industry including the discovery, development, and delivery of elite crop genetics and crop protection solutions. Our Field Solutions & Digital (formerly Data Science & Informatics) department in R&D is looking for creative individuals with critical thinking skills to develop robust and innovative solutions to complex problems. We solve research problems using custom software development, data science, high-performance computing, laboratory automation, electro-mechanical engineering, and computational biology.
We are seeking a proven Data Warehouse Engineer to unleash the value of data in ways that create value for our Research partners within the Field Solutions & Digital group. We are looking for creative individuals who possess the knowledge to understand complex data and relationships and the ability to work with large data sets and Big Data to build efficient data integration solutions in building and supporting our Data Warehouse platform for reporting & analytics.
If you have demonstrated the ability to implement solutions, adjusting to constraints while mitigating risks; if you balance great technical depth with strong interpersonal skills and emphasize communication in your day-to-day work; if you are interested in applying your skills in a challenging, dynamic, agriculture-focused research environment – we’d love to talk to you.
We offer an inspiring, dynamic work environment with amazing colleagues and countless opportunities to apply your talents and skills in new and innovative ways. At Corteva we recognize that there is life outside of work and support you in establishing a healthy work-life balance.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The successful candidate will help integrate data from a variety of data sources into Corteva’s Research Data Integration platform to support reporting and analytical applications. The candidate will work with the R&D partners within the Field Solutions & Digital group in Designing and Developing ETL/ELT processes as well as proper representations of the integrated data and delivery methods for downstream applications.
- Be a trusted team member and collaborator in the Field Solutions & Digital organization.
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams to identify business, data, and reporting needs and assist where needed.
- Design, develop, own, and evolve the data and data integration processes that power our data warehouse platform on AWS & Exasol.
- Design, test and implement cloud DW infrastructure using GIT/CFT/Terraform.
- Develop and maintain complex Cloud Data Ingestion and Transformations for data originating from multiple data sources.
- Contribute to architecture of data integration solutions.
- Collaborate with teams across FS&D to share and acquire development ideas and knowledge.
- Create efficient SQL queries & Data Ingestion pipelines using the tech stack: Python, SQL, AWS Athena, AWS DMS, AWS Glue, Airflow, and others to analyze data from external applications and the data warehouse.
- Evaluate and recommend products that enhance our cloud BI/DW solution.
- Analyze and resolve user issues reported to the Support Desk.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience developing Data Integration solutions required, or equivalent levels of relevant education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multifunctional team.
This position requires proven experience in data warehousing practices and concepts as well as proven experience in dimensional and relational database modeling.
Highly desirable experience includes the following:
• 2-4 years of experience in AWS S3, EMR, EC2, RDS, Athena, Glue, Lambda, and CloudWatch experience is preferred.
• Strong background in Python developing data pipelines and data ingestion frameworks.
• Strong working knowledge of Near Realtime Data Warehousing principles and implementations.
• Working knowledge of key RDBMS databases like Oracle, Teradata, and other Cloud DW.
• Experience in Data Virtualization Platform using tools like Denodo, Azure Purview, or others.
• Strong practical experience with SQL and Database principles.
• Experience working with sources like NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, or others.
• Experience in working with ETL tools and technologies like Informatica and others.
• Experience with Infrastructure, Scripting, Architecture is very beneficial.
• Create Technical Designs and Mapping Specifications for Data Integration projects.
• Hands-on experience in Query Optimization and Performance improvement practices.
• Experience in Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Communicate well in both oral and written form.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!