Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience™ has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations. We’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to create a market-shaping, agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture.
We are looking for a data engineer to partner with our analytics and data science team to build efficient data pipelines that power insightful data products, dashboards and analysis. You will be contributing to and supporting the efforts to improve our data infrastructure and ensure that our end users can focus on analytic processing rather than data inputs and infrastructure.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Be a trusted partner to teams throughout R&D and the data engineering team.
• Design, develop, own and evolve the data, APIs, and pipelines that power our data platform
• Engineer robust, scalable, and efficient data pipelines to process unstructured big data
• Enable analytics by building usable data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering, etc.
• Be interested in working with multiple sources of data from drones, satellites, and IoT devices.
• Clearly articulate opportunities for continuous improvements to existing systems with a clear understanding of impact on business.
• Be a team player that everyone wants to work with.
• Develop with a focus on comprehensive testing and automation.
• Debug client/server applications and troubleshoot integration issues.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• You have expert level programming expertise in Python
• Experience working with cloud computing technologies for working with big data (AWS is preferred)
• You are very comfortable with SQL
• You are good at taking vague requirements and converting them into scalable data solutions
• You have exceptional communication skills
• You are interested in data science
• You have experience contributing and using open source technology and libraries
• A passion for learning and working in a collaborative team environment.
• A self-directed learner with a passion to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
• Linux or OS X is your preferred operating system.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have:
• Experience working with and managing geospatial data sets
• Experience building visualizations of scientific data
• Experience using Docker
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!