The Customer Rebate Analyst will support the implementation and execution of Elanco US customer incentives through collaborative work with program owners to ensure timely and accurate rebate payments to drive great customer experience. You will build, manage and own the relationship with distribution peers responsible to implement Elanco contracts and programs in our channel partners and collaborate with key stakeholders to design new incentive programs that drive business to Elanco while factoring current capabilities and constraints. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Communicate and coordinate with distributors the enrollment and execution of Elanco billback programs to indirect customers.
- Actively work with Elanco Solution Center (ESC) Rebates team to transition knowledge on new programs and support execution and prioritization while acting as liaison between ESC and stakeholders as necessary.
- Anticipate issues and drive solution to program challenges and provide continuous improvements of processes while leveraging expertise on Elanco’s rebate framework, compliance controls (e.g., SOX) and company’s customers channels.
- Set up incentive programs in Elanco’s rebate system ensuring all aspects of the program are captured and addressed for a flawless payment execution.
- Trigger rebate payment and exception approvals when applicable and support the business organizations during accrual reviews.
- Own the reconciliation process between customer claims and calculations, and address issues with program owners, stakeholders and distribution partners.
- Drive SOX compliance at rebate settlement level following controls established and providing support to internal and external audit reviews.
- Ensure adequate process documentation and training materials are developed and maintained accordingly.
- Monitor and report rebate KPIs to measure service levels and operational effectiveness.
- Monitor multiple email group inboxes and address inquires and issues reported by customers and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Partner with the Reporting & Analytics team to identify the need and determine requirement for new reports or adjustments that will support the rebate payment process.
- Continuous look for opportunities to improve our process and provide solutions that will help increase efficiency and productivity of our processes and systems.
- Respond courteously to customer requests and work in a highly collaborative environment.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Finance, Sales, Marketing or Commercial Operations
- Advanced knowledge on MS-Excel
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Previous experience managing and executing customer incentive programs in a complex business environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to conduct detailed analysis, draw conclusions and propose solutions.
- Experience with SAP and knowledge of sales and customer master data, including customer/product hierarchies is desired
- Strong attention to details and well organized as to ensure customers are paid correctly and according to the rules of the programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as aptitude to lead to large meetings and present ideas in a clear and concise fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working with middle management and key stakeholders within the organization.
- Demonstrated capacity of owning complex issues and commitment to resolution.
- Travel 10%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status