At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Customer Experience (CX) Strategist will be responsible for the execution of CX strategies that deliver the intended experiences to meet or exceed customer expectations across Farm Credit Mid-America and Rural 1st. Using internal and external data, this position will analyze and help solution complex business problems, representing the voice of Association customers to increase education and empathy of customer needs and expectations in a compelling manner to various internal audiences.
Using extremely adaptive, communicative, and organizational skills, and with a keen sense of ownership and urgency, the CX Strategist will identify and define the customer experience, correct customer issues, and handle customer situations appropriately in accordance with the Association’s customer experience objectives.
- Utilize and evolve the CX roadmap to prioritize the implementation and execution of CX projects across the Association
- Identify and communicate internal and external pain points as opportunities to improve the overall customer experience though execution of CX immersion workshops
- Collaborate with Human Capital to execute an internal CX recognition program that will create awareness and empower team members to deliver superior customer experiences throughout the Association
- Partner with Organizational Development to execute CX educational training in an effort to broaden knowledge around CX through the ongoing development of tools/resources that embed cultural behaviors across the Association
- Leverage data insights to improve customer experience through internal and external CX survey data to assess, recommend, and develop solutions that drive conversations to affect change
- Tell the story of customer interactions and behavior through journey mapping data and present findings to a variety of stakeholders to create awareness and empower team members to deliver superior customer experiences through understanding the customer experience journey and the role all team members play in customer satisfaction
- Partner with Marketing and Customer Enablement teams to ensure each touchpoint across the customer journey is engaging, efficient, and effective
- Continuously evolve internal CX principles by promoting perspective and a set of principles for what an exceptional internal customer experience looks like and how different teams interact with each other
- Develop and deploy change leader workshops across the Association to advance customer experience ownership, create shared meaning, and inspire a customer obsessed culture
- Maintain a high level of communication and coordination between internal and external customers to drive engagement and create buy-in that builds across the Association
- Engage with cross-functional team members to voice the needs of the customer so questions, requests, enhancements and issues are promptly addressed
- Collaborate with the corporate communications and marketing teams to develop content strategies and key messaging to align and prioritize CX knowledge and awareness across the Association
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related degree. Minimum of five years of successful experience in customer experience or marketing in a corporate environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Association products and services and their applications to customers’ needs; assigned market segment and territory; economic conditions; competition’s products, interest rates, and fees; competition preparing to move into market; selling techniques; Association accounting systems; Association originating systems and processes; technology; and Association policies and procedures.
Skills in: Building business relationships; creating and networking with internal business partners/influencers to develop appropriate strategies to exceed customer needs; gathering and interpreting customer experience related data; interpersonal relations; listening; excellent verbal and written communications; decision making; and creative problem solving; organizing, coaching and influencing others without decision making authority.
Ability to: Achieve goals; be innovative; demonstrate the values of Association; maintain confidentiality; be a self-starter; be assertive; relate positively to others; listen to internal and external customers; use Association systems and computers; be logical; work under pressure; manage time; accept risk; inspire others; professionally represent the Association.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.