Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Customer Engagement & Loyalty Lead is responsible for the thought leadership, plan development, implementation and optimization of Elanco’s global customer engagement and loyalty strategy with a focus on managing the new member data acquisition. This person will play a critical role in advancing our customer centric digital vision using data acquisition strategies, programs, promotions, techniques and tools to drive business results across the portfolio with scalability across the globe.
This person will develop and implement the approach that drives consumer participation, data collection and working side by side with the CRM manager, resulting in Pet Owner lifetime value and the program engagement/revenue return. They will be act as the internal subject matter expert in loyalty acquisition, using online and offline key touchpoints as the main methods for interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates program performance and investigates opportunities in order to recommend programs and strategies that drive member engagement (ROI, new member acquisition and activation goals, increased frequency, digitizing offline pet owner acquisition processes, etc.)
- Manages all day-to-day activities associated with the overall success and growth of acquisition.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (both internal and external) for all aspects of member acquisition.
- Works directly with external (vendors/partners) cross-functional teams, global countries and senior leadership
- Cultivates, manages and contributes to the success of cross-functional teams and relationships within Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, IT, Finance, Regulatory, senior leadership and others.
- Develops and manages marketing plans in coordination with global & country level that have digital presence and support program growth including new member acquisition and existing member engagement optimization.
- Identifies, secures and/or negotiates marketing opportunities with the brand teams that increases the program’s share of voice within the overall loyalty program.
- Proactively problem solves and enhances the user experience within the customer journey.
- Works collaboratively with Sales Leadership Team, Marketing Analytics, Finance and other cross-functional counterparts to help forecast, manage and analyze new member program performance metrics and to report on activities.
- Reviews and approves all materials developed by global partners to retain consistency & spirit of the program.
- Develops & scales the acquisition side of the “customer engagement & loyalty” playbook alongside the global brand manager(s).
They will act as a liaison to Loyalty & CRM agency partners, learning and leveraging industry trends across all of our initiatives while developing capabilities that enhance and extend Elanco’s precision marketing discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, loyalty, communications field
- 3+yrs experience in digital/media marketing initiatives including metric based marketing programs
- 2+ year of experience in B2C program management
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position
- A successful candidate is a digital marketing professional with a strong analytics background
- Hands on experience in omni-channel marketing
- Experience and passion for working with agency partners to handle digital marketing execution
- Understand business-to-business communication and how to produce thought leadership that differentiates
- A successful candidate will have knowledge of customer centric communications planning and implementation with hands on experience in communicating with the CRM lead.
- Know how to use metrics to figure out what is working and what isn’t and adjust for improved outcomes
- Ability to direct, identify and create impactful engagement messaging at each stage of the buying cycle, from acquisition and lead generation to conversion to nurture
- Strong experience delivery of digital marketing tactics
- Be able to look at previous initiatives and determine what worked and what didn’t to form future recommendations.
- Exposure to data and technology platforms for CRM, email marketing, direct communications marketing
- Experience working with sales team.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial mindset where work is moving fast, decisions are made from data and intuition
- Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to win.
- Ability to make independent decision making on best course of action to inform digital strategies
- Experience in creating simplicity out of a complex situation
- Strong communications and organization skills with robust attention to detail
- Balance of creativity and analytics to make decisions
- Experience in working in a matrixed organization with global talent
- Ability to quickly grasp & understand the technical aspects of the role
Travel: Up to 10% domestic and international
Location: This role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status